« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »
Pupatella,

Beautiful pies in your pictures.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline pizzablogger

Re: 2AMYS
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
Thanks for the shout out --K, why didn't you say hi, we didn't even know you stopped by!!  We love Pizzablogger!!

Thanks for the mention.

I generally do not try to make a mention of "who I am" when in a pizzeria. In fact, the whole blog thing makes me uncomfortable and those that know me know I constantly tinker with just nuking the whole stupid pizzablogger site all together.

You are busy enough running a pizzeria and making good pies to have too many people butting their noses in your business. Keep up the good work. --K
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline soflnoles

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »
Thanks for the shout out --K, why didn't you say hi, we didn't even know you stopped by!!  We love Pizzablogger!!
You don't have to wait till Da Marco opens to try a real Neapolitan pizza, come by Pupatella!!!

Don't get to Virginia much living in Clarksburg and having a one year old boy but I will get there this summer.  Looks fantastic.

Offline plainslicer

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
I finally had Pupatella on Saturday evening. It was great. As much as I've stuck up for 2Amy's in the past I must say Pupatella totally blew it out of the water.

I believe this was my first one minute pizza (timed 1m8s) anywhere. I had the Margherita with buffala mozz. I also really liked the fact that you order at the counter and seat yourself.

So, Pupatella, great job and keep it up.

Offline Duane

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
I am somewhat surprised at the negative comments on 2Amys.  I have been there 5 or 6 times and have always enjoyed the pizza. It is usually too crowded but like the patio out back and usually request sitting out there.  Even had a pizza once that had green tomatoes and an egg on top.  Enjoyed it but never saw it on the menu again. Unfortunately it is not close to a Metro stop.  Nice place to visit if visiting the National Cathedral. Pizza Presidido is my other favorite in DC.

Offline first crush

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »
I've visited 2 Amy's a few times, and these pies look nothing like the pies I've had there...these look smaller, puffier, and definitely undercooked.  Too bad...they used to have a pretty nice product.  Hopefully they'll get their mojo back.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »
I am somewhat surprised at the negative comments on 2Amys.  I have been there 5 or 6 times and have always enjoyed the pizza. It is usually too crowded but like the patio out back and usually request sitting out there.  Even had a pizza once that had green tomatoes and an egg on top.  Enjoyed it but never saw it on the menu again. Unfortunately it is not close to a Metro stop.  Nice place to visit if visiting the National Cathedral. Pizza Presidido is my other favorite in DC.

I ate at Pizza Paridisio also when I was in DC on the same trip. It was so bad, I never even posted on it. It was like overcooked topped cardboard.

I'll post the pics later.

CL
Pizza is not bread.