Author Topic: Cicoli  (Read 3329 times)

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Cicoli
« on: April 28, 2005, 07:18:28 PM »
Cicoli are the small piece of meats left from the production of rendered pork fat. They are traditionally used as filling for Calzone. You can have them both soft or crispy, depending on the thickness of the meat cut choosen. Once cooked, they should turn pink and need to be pressed to a tiny ham slice consistency.

I have prepared them yesterday, and here are some picture of the preparation:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 07:20:32 PM by pizzanapoletana »

Offline pizzanapoletana

Re: Cicoli
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 07:19:20 PM »
more:

Offline bakerboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 11:14:33 AM »
pizza.  thats an interesting product.  looks almost "bacon like".  This is not a smoked or cured item, right?
Does it come from a certain part of the pig?  looks delicious.  i'm a big fan of pork.

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 03:25:19 PM »
It was just raw pork meat that here in England is called Sricky steaks or something like that. I needed a cut full of fat, as I had to achieve some rendered pork fat to use in later baking. My version was a bit crispy, like crackling. Usually it is softer and it is due to the thicknees of the starting meat cut.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 11:49:49 AM »
That's bacon!!! ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:31:15 AM by Steve »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 11:59:30 AM »
Bacon fry-n!   Drool!!!! ::)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

pizzapan