Author Topic: My metal pizza stand is finally being built!  (Read 5319 times)

Offline flyboy4ual

My metal pizza stand is finally being built!
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
I finally found a metal fabricator to build me a steel pizza oven stand on caster wheels for a descent price.  I am probably going to go with a Forno Bravo Premio2G100 oven.  I am really excited to get started and look forward to sharing the project.  

Scott D.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:42:02 PM by flyboy4ual »

Offline flyboy4ual

Re: My metal pizza stand is finally being built!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
Here is a rough drawing of what it might look like.

Scott D.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
Very cool Scott D.  An early congrats on the oven.  My premio2g100 came in today.  I'll have some pics up later.   Just out of curiosity, how much was the stand?  Keeping in mind that prices may vary from location to location. 

Chau

Offline bernie516

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
I'm interested in knowing how much it costs to build as well..

I've been doing a little research on the forno bravo ovens and have been torn between the p60, p70, and the premio2g series.. it's basically boiling down to how much it would cost to build a stand, preferably one where I could take the oven with me if I ever moved. 

Thanks!

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »
Hi Chau,

Congrats on your new delivery!
The stand is going to be around 1000.00!  It is going to be heavy duty with caster wheels.   4 inch tubing for the legs, 2 inch tubing almost everywhere else and 1/8 in plate for the top.  Caster wheels rated at 550 pounds each.  I had another estimate that was twice as much!!!  I found this guy through a pilot friend I work with.  He builds custom hot rods and is also a metal fabricator.  He said he will do anything I want which also includes the vent landing metal bracket set up  like the one on the Stefano Ferrara ovens.  I think we estimate the materials at around 400.00 which includes the caster wheels, that I picked out.  It will also be powder coated, but I think that will be extra.  I think it is a fair price, since he also has to have a the metal plate cut off site.  
Keep us posted on your build.  

Scott D.

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
One more thing,

I am having it built so the bottom piece with the legs and the top piece will be able to be separated, like the way the Forno Bravo Modena oven stand is built.

Scott D.

Offline flyboy4ual

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »
Here is an updated drawing with measurements.  Some are accurate and some aren't! I am still working on the enclosure design.  My original drawing was based on a different over manufacturer with a different vent design.

Scott D.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
Very cool Scott.  Your oven will be one of a kind!   ;)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »
Scott,

That looks like it is going to be a really nice set-up. What do you expect everything (stand, oven, enclosure, etc.) to weigh when it is finished?

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
Craig,

I am guesstimating about 2000LBS.  

Scott D.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:40:24 PM by flyboy4ual »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »
Bernie,
although the P60 is a great little oven its really tight. My friend has one, and it works great, and perfect for his set up.  I recommend at minimum the p70 Already he is wanting a touch bigger.
just my $.02
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline bernie516

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
Bernie,
although the P60 is a great little oven its really tight. My friend has one, and it works great, and perfect for his set up.  I recommend at minimum the p70 Already he is wanting a touch bigger.
just my $.02
John

Thanks John.  I think I am going to go with the p70, just the matter of finding someone to make the stand.  I'm really liking Scott's design with the caster wheels as it would allow me to move it from place to place?  I'll be following this thread closely. :)

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 01:35:36 AM »
i havent been on this board in a while since getting my Forno Bravo Casa 2g90

I built my own stand out of 304 stainless steel.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:37:48 AM by dikemiya »

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:04 AM »
Do you have any pictures?

That was quick!!!

Scott D.

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 01:38:40 AM »
sorry trying to figure out how to post pics :)

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 01:44:16 AM »
Looks great. 

I am having my stand built now.   My metal guy is super slow!!!.  I am ordering the oven really soon.  Probably the FB Premio100 2G. 

Have you cooked in yours yet?  How do you like it?

Scott D.

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:18 AM »
ive never cooked in a wood oven so it took some time to figure it out but I love it now.  Overall I do like the oven but there were some issues I had.

I broke the insulation board.  It was completely my fault and they sent new ones at no charge.  Be careful not to damage them since they are quite fragile.

When you order the oven make sure to get even thickness floor tiles.

Mine were not even and i still dont have a flush cooking floor.  They say to use sand to level it but I still found it hard to make it perfect

my hearth stones are cracked after a few months of cooking but when I posted on FB forums, the president said that in 10000+ tiles they made, only less than 5 cracked.  I had 2, I guess I am really unlucky ???   http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/7/cracked-hearth-casa-2g-90-a-15217-2.html

Make sure you read the manual good, there was missing information when I read it.  They have revised it numerous times now.  For example they said to use concrete screws for the chimney base, but didnt specify which type.  I used strong ones called Tapcons, and it cracked the base.  The latest installation pdf now shows a picture of thinner screws.  My post about this.  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f7/crack-chimney-flue-area-14746.html

Also, the mortar flakes easily.  I dunno if thats how all high temp mortar is but make sure to mix it if you get 2 bags of it.  One is darker than the other.  It was supposed to be mixed but they did not do it so I applied it incorrectly.  So i had to remove it all and redo it.   http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f7/fb-mortar-received-2-bags-14623.html

Little stuff like that slowed down the build.  Also the tech help line at FB isnt much help when I used to call.  

If i were to get a new oven, I might try a Mugnaini or Le Panyol.  I used a Earthstone once and liked that also.  The hearth floor seemed to be better than the FB ones.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:25:09 AM by dikemiya »

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 02:27:47 AM »
oh another thing, i used a dual wall chimney, and not the single wall one they provide.  some laws i hear are strict about it

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
Beautiful Finish on the oven!! I love the way you finished it, and that  stand is very sweet ride for your new baby.  also looks very well constructed. You can wheel that baby anywhere the party is eh? Very curious in the cost of stands like this If you dont want to share thats ok.  I am thinking you are a mason of some type? As for the floor tiles During my exhaustive research research I have heard of no less than 5 other people  who have had either cracks or pitting so we are still only up to .1 % I  guess. As for the insulation board  personally I am not a fan of what Forno uses seems soft? and oven may settle over time?   see pics below. thumb is pressed into the forno board and  the oher is what  is used under my new oven did you say in the post  you can only get the floor to 600 degrees?
Happy Cooking!!
John
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:45:23 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com