Author Topic: My metal pizza stand is finally being built!  (Read 6791 times)

Offline dikemiya

Re: My metal pizza stand is finally being built!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 02:58:17 AM »
have you guys tried other oven manufactures?  the reason i ask is that i liked the floor hearth that Earthstone used and didnt get pitted like my FB one.

Also have you seen the previous iterations of the FB ovens, basically the 1st gen Premio, Casa, and other ones that were made by companies in Italy like Pavesi and Alfa.  I heard those floors were really nice to work with. 

http://www.alfarefrattari.it/english/refrattari/forni_per_pizzerie/forniperpizzerie.php?fam=specialpizzeria&nome=Special%20pizzeria%20Ovens

http://www.pavesiforni.it/EN/base.php?L=EN

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 03:01:43 AM »
I finally found a metal fabricator to build me a steel pizza oven stand on caster wheels for a descent price.  I am probably going to go with a Forno Bravo Premio2G100 oven.  I am really excited to get started and look forward to sharing the project.  

Scott D.

are you making it out of stainless steel?

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 03:06:51 AM »
It is being made out of steel. I am having it powder coated when it is finished.  Should I be worried?

Scott D.

Offline dikemiya

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 04:16:42 AM »
oh i think it should be fine.  i thought about doing mild steel and powercoating it, but after calculating costs i thought stainless was better for me.  especially since i was doing the labor and powercoating can get expensive

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »
Metal stand almost done.

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »
Very nice looking stand ! What is the weight of such a steel stand? I assume the casters are very heavy dutyand capable  between the Stand, oven, and enclosure I would be thinking like 750 lb rating for each caster wheel right? What are the encloser plans after you plop on the premo 2g just insulate under/over? and stucco.What holds the oven pieces, in place ? Cant wait to see this one! you must be getting excited as well.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan