Author Topic: Homemade Dough Conditioner  (Read 29735 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Homemade Dough Conditioner
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
Norma,

Of all the experiments you have conducted thus far in this thread, has any one stood out from all the others from the standpoint of producing exceptional or unexpectedly good results? Also, is there any enhancer that you would consider using with your preferment Lehmann dough at market?

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Homemade Dough Conditioner
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Norma,

Of all the experiments you have conducted thus far in this thread, has any one stood out from all the others from the standpoint of producing exceptional or unexpectedly good results? Also, is there any enhancer that you would consider using with your preferment Lehmann dough at market?

Peter

Peter,

Although these experiments did give different flavors in the crust, and some were moister in the rim than others, and also with the last experiment crisper in the rim and crust, I canít think of a favorite right now.  With each experiment, they all were different, but I donít think I would use any of them in the preferment Lehmann dough as of now. If I would try more of these blends in the preferment Lehmann dough I would need another method to prepare the Lehmann dough, because most of these blends do make the dough stiffer, until they have fermented at least 2 days.  With my preferment Lehmann dough, I only have a one day cold ferment after the final mix, as I am sure you already know.  I still really like the preferment Lehmann dough pizza and also like most of the Reinhart pizzas I had made so far.  I would rather experiment more with manteca or Goya manteca in the preferment Lehmann dough, but am still curious how any of these blends would work out in one of Reinhart doughs.  Probably any of the blends I have tried so far wouldnít make a really big difference in the Reinhart dough either.  I really donít know.  I donít think a normal customer or person that doesnít eat a lot of pizzas would really notice a big difference in the flavor of the crust in a Lehmann dough with using a blend or not.  I do have one customer that has tasted most of the Lehmann pizzas with the blends and he can tell the difference.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!