Author Topic: Best ever thin "cracker" crust pizza!  (Read 142977 times)

Offline bigMoose

• Kneading is Happiness!
Re: Best ever thin "cracker" crust pizza!
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2014, 08:11:36 AM »
I agree with Ryan.  I started with the recipes on the main site... then as I found and read content on the message board I refined them.  That said, I was a bit disappointed when I found out the main site recipes were not the "best."  So a disclaimer might be a good idea to add.

Something like:  This is a great recipe to start with, but there have been refinements as documented on message board.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »
Another thing to keep in mind is that members, myself included, have used links in their posts to the recipe section. I have done it many times over the years. If the recipe section is deleted, the links to those recipes will be kaput.

Peter

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »
If a person can't click on the enter forum....why ya'll sweat'in it man? Find something more productive to complain about...sheeesh.  ::)

CB
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline acs236

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2014, 09:47:32 PM »
I made this tonight with good results, but I'd like to get a more fermented flavor for the crust.

After I made the dough, I had it in a sealed container at room temperature for about 18 hours, then I chilled it for about 6 hours before bring it back to room temperature to make the pizza.

Any suggestions?

Offline pjbear05

« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Hmm.  The wife wants me to stop with making the Detroit styles and try to clone our local joint's pizza (Villa Rose, Hollywood FL) who tout a "Chicago thin style". This looks like a nice place to start.  Thanks, all.
"Aw, Paulie?  You won't see him no more!"

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:32 PM »
Hmm.  The wife wants me to stop with making the Detroit styles and try to clone our local joint's pizza (Villa Rose, Hollywood FL) who tout a "Chicago thin style". This looks like a nice place to start.  Thanks, all.
do you have a pic of their chi-thin pizza PJ?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »

pjbear05,

Welcome back.

You might start your quest here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=16422.msg160335#msg160335

Peter