Author Topic: Help in my neopolitan quest  (Read 755 times)

Offline mnjesse

Help in my neopolitan quest
« on: March 28, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
To start off, I spend way too much time on this website. This site has a wealth of pizzamaking knowledge not found anywhere else. Lately, I have wanted to switch my focus to neopolitan style pizzas. The weather is finally starting to warm up and I plan on making a LBE. I decided to go with this style based on everyone's success in using it. However, I am a little lost as to how it is exactly made. I have read through countless pages on  here, but I am not sure which way is the best or easiest way. I am trying to keep costs down, so I really don't want to make too many mistakes. I would greatly appreciate some help in the form of instructions, specific links to helpful posts, pictures for the steps, etc... I really appreciate the help.

Offline darule

Re: Help in my neopolitan quest
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
Everyone I'm sure has a little different mod here and there, so you probably won't find anyone saying 'this one build is the best' - below is the thread you'll want to read all the way through. I know it takes time, I read a few pages in spurts over a couple of days.  If you go to page 56 or 57 - member mmmph has detailed exactly how to build the one he made.  I started with his build and added a few personal touches, I'm very pleased with how it works.  The only problem I've had is I'm still waiting on my IR thermometer so I don't have a clue what temps I'm cooking at, and until I have that I won't be able to dial my pies in.  Although, I can say that I've perfectly cooked the bottom and top with nice leopording - just not on the same pie yet  :-D

pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,4753.0.html