Author Topic: Frozen Pizza Dough from Sams Club  (Read 9383 times)

Offline Lester7009

Frozen Pizza Dough from Sams Club
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
 Has anyone tried Sam's Club frozen Pizza Dough. You get a Box of 14 and the cost is about $1.08 per dough ball. It is same dough they use at store. Just wandering if this is even a thought.
Thank You

Offline kjlued

Re: Frozen Pizza Dough from Sams Club
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
I use frozen dough I get from the grocery store.
It is just under $3 for two 16oz dough balls.
A little more then Sams per dough ball but you only have to buy 2 instead of 14.
My heard about it from a buddy of mine who does make his own dough but also uses this at times and says it is almost as good.

The company it is made by is "Real NY Pizza Dough" http://rnypd.com

The store carries another brand that comes in single 16oz for just under $1 ea but I have not tried it.
My buddy says it is not that good and I am happy with the rnypd so paying $.50 extra is no big deal.

I know it is not a big help but some frozen doughs are good and others are not.
I guess the best suggestion I could give is that if they use it in store, buy one of their pizzas.
If you like it, buy the dough balls.

Offline dairyman

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »
I use the Sam's club dough all the time. I used to make my own dough, but Sam's dough is better than any dough I made. I split the box with my brother so I don't have so many at one time. The dough balls are big. I usually make two pizzas with one ball. I keep them frozen. I'll take out a ball in the morning before work, by the time I get home they are thawed and ready to go.

Offline Lester7009

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
Thanks I have herd thorough some people that Sams frozen dough is as close as you can get . Sounds to good to be true but they keep buying.

Offline Paul Kersey

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »
Any local supermarket here in Westchester county NY sells either Birrittella's (Tarrytown) or JJ Casone (Port Chester) fresh pizza dough. Price averages 1.69 - 2.10 for a 16 oz dough ball. Ive heard so many people buying dough in bulk at sams or costco but when I went to the latter and asked them about pizza dough they looked at me as if I was crazy. Haven't tried sams yet.

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
I have been buying Dough balls for 40 some what in change (Frozen}
But I have to buy a case with 50 per case at $22
And its made with NYC water..Not bad at allllllllllll....JT

pizzapan