Author Topic: When in Rome....  (Read 563 times)

Offline onemsmom

• This is why I make pizza!
When in Rome....
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
Hello there!  I haven't been around here in a while.  All has been going well in my pizza world.  I'm about to run out of my bromated Sam's flour, so I'll try the KABF in the Bosch soon.  But that is for another day.....

I'm going to visit Rome & Pompeii!!  I'm so excited! I don't know what I am more looking forward to - the sights or the pizza (and other yummy Italian food)!

I'm betting some of you are from Italy, so I thought I'd ask for some good restaraunt advice (or any other advice for our trip).

Please let me know if I should move this thread elsewhere, since it's off topic - but I've mostly only ever "talked" to you guys here on the NY style section.

Pompeii is close to Naples - but I'm not sure if I'll actually make it into the city of Naples.  I'll be taking a day-trip by train from Rome to Pompeii.  Most of our time will be spent in Rome.

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: When in Rome....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
You simply must go to Pizzarium in Rome (and take lots of pics to show us!). And some of the best food I had in Rome was in the Jewish ghetto (Trastevere). The restaurants are much less touristy, and you can find an amazing array of food you will not see on the other side of the river. Have a great trip!

John

Offline hammettjr

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
I hope I'm not too late, but I agree with John. My honeymoon was full of great food, though our favorite was in Trastevere.

Have a great trip!
Matt

Offline acbova

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:04:35 PM »
Years and years ago I went to Rome.  A guide book mentioned good cheap pizza on "Borgo Pio", it was very good and in 2001 I went back trying to find it and on the last possible day of my trip it was open.  I went with 2 of my sons and we ate outside after buying the pizza.  The fried rice balls were also very good. 

Sadly I can't remember much more about it.  It could be this place http://www.pizzeriavulcanovaticano.com/Pizzeria_Vulcano3/Benvenuto_Witamy.html but I'm just not sure.   I feel like it was more to the east.... but heck I don't know. 

Good food is not hard to find in Rome that's for sure...