Author Topic: Pizza ingredients in Toronto / Niagara Falls and maybe Buffalo  (Read 1688 times)

Offline kickz28

Pizza ingredients in Toronto / Niagara Falls and maybe Buffalo
« on: September 07, 2010, 12:37:33 PM »
Hi, I live in Ottawa and I'm going for a week vacation in Toronto and Niagara Falls. We might be going to Buffalo also but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I was wondering where are the best places in these cities to find pizza ingredients.

More specifically, I'm looking for:
King Arthur flour or other good flour brands (from what I understand, should be pretty much at every grocery store on the State side and unavailable in Canada?)
Good tomatoes (I currently use Pomi pasatta di pomodoro which I really like but I've never really compared to 6in1, Full Red or other tomatoes that are popular around here)
Grande mozz cheese (I currently use Saputo premium mozzarelissima, again I find it pretty good but I'd like to try a different kind to compare)
Ezzo peperoni (I used Ziggy's)

Any help finding these ingredients or just other cool pizza ingredient stores would be appreaciated!
Thanks!

Offline scott123

Re: Pizza ingredients in Toronto / Niagara Falls and maybe Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
There's a Restaurant Depot in Buffalo.  They won't have King Arthur flour, but they will have bromated flour- which is superior for NY style and unavailable in Canada.

Buffalo,NY   
500 Duke Rd
Buffalo, NY 14225

Someone may chime in with a source for Ezzo, but, should you cross the border, you should definitely try swinging by a supermarket and getting Hormel Rosa Grande (thin diameter) or the Hormel Leoni (wide diameter). I prefer it sliced thin, but it doesn't keep all that well sliced, so, depending on how long your trip is, you might want to buy it whole and slice it yourself or find some way of freezing it/keeping it frozen. Sliced pepperoni lasts about a week for me in the fridge.

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
RD also carrys some stanislaus and escalon products and many different cheese and blends.The pep may also be there.You can also get pans,screens and peels there.
Aaron.
In Canada in the falls Roman cheese carrys some stanislaus sauces.
p.s cheese is at least 50% cheaper in the U.S.

Offline matermark

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »
I know this is an old post but kickz, where did you go and what did you find?

Offline kickz28

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »
I know this is an old post but kickz, where did you go and what did you find?

I went to:

Roman Cheese Co Ltd
4916 Montrose Rd
Niagara falls,Ont
1-800-263-7125

They had Stanislaus products. I bought three big cans (2 New York Style pizza sauce, and 1 Full red Tomato puree). I like the NY Style pizza sauce. The full red I found much too sweet. I prefer Pomi passatta di pomodoro that I get here in Ottawa.

I also bought a can of tomatoes at Terroni's in Toronto. It was also pretty good, but again I didn't like it as much as Pomi.

I didn't get to go anywhere in Buffalo.

Thanks!

pizzapan