Author Topic: My New Pizza  (Read 714 times)

Offline A-Neibs

My New Pizza
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:47:16 PM »
Fresh Mozzarella From Scratch

Offline A-Neibs

Re: My New Pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:51:27 PM »
I was just trying to see if I could post a picture. I shrunk a picture to be able to try it. Wasn't actually trying to post it. Oh well. This is the first pizza I ever made with Mozzarella from scratch. Turned out really good.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »
Congrats A-Neibs!  The pizza looks great and the cheese looks good as well.  I remember you were interested in making your own cheese a short while ago.  Did you end up sourcing raw milk or is this made from pastuerize milk?

Nice work,
Chau

Offline A-Neibs

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 12:38:43 AM »
Thanks. I really appreciate it. I ended up buying some raw milk. I tried pasteurized milk many times, but never got good results. I tried adding calcium chloride, but still didn't work well. The raw milk worked great. I had to drive like 20 miles to get it and the price wasn't great. The things we do for pizza right!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:42:02 AM »
Thanks. I really appreciate it. I ended up buying some raw milk. I tried pasteurized milk many times, but never got good results. I tried adding calcium chloride, but still didn't work well. The raw milk worked great. I had to drive like 20 miles to get it and the price wasn't great. The things we do for pizza right!

Right!  ;D  It's still good experience and now you can say that you've made your own cheese.  If you have access to a Restaurant depot, try to get some mozzarella curd.  Making cheese from curd couldn't be easier and it yields great results. 

Chau

Offline A-Neibs

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
Ya, I just found a Ranch Market here that sells curds. I was hesistant to buy them because they said cheddar cheese curds, but I read up and learned that curds are curds. They cut them up into really small pieces for people to eat, so I had to leave them in the hot water for a while for them to come together, but they turned out nicely. They made some good mozzarella. It tasted great on the pizza, and I'm just learning. So I'm excited to keep getting better at making cheese. I was able to get 3 pizzas out of the cheese, so I was pleased with that.