Author Topic: Vearace Pizza Napoletana certification at La Piazza al Forno  (Read 2985 times)

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
Re: Vearace Pizza Napoletana certification at La Piazza al Forno
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
Thanks, Justin.  Nice picture and beautiful pizza.  What's your dad's take on the whole experience?  This had to be a head banger.

John: You are killing me!  ...Umm..here's a perfect pizza with a 4 hour dough and here's a perfect 24 hour example...  You remind me of one of those four year old kids with perfect pitch that plays concert level piano.  You certainly have a gift. 

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:37 AM »
John: You are killing me!  ...Umm..here's a perfect pizza with a 4 hour dough and here's a perfect 24 hour example...  You remind me of one of those four year old kids with perfect pitch that plays concert level piano.  You certainly have a gift. 

What an incredible compliment, thank you! It is really just the oven. Cooking at such high heat gracefully covers over any imperfections you have in your dough and puts out a visually spectacular pie, at least in my experience. Take a look at my NY style home oven pies and you might not be so impressed!

John

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 03:37:45 AM »
yeah,he liked the taste of my dough ,tomatoes and cheese,just not they way I stretched the dough,but he said that is a typical problem for most places he goes to,but it was a lesson in humility and you learn from it and can only get better.

In the end,is it  a visual certification contest more than anything? What do your customers say about the taste of all your pies so far?That should tell you something.

I thought you were already doing a great job,I'm a Big fan of your work,yet, according to him,you were doing it all wrong,like so many places, because of the way the dough got stretched?
 :o

How is the taste of your pies gonna change/improve by the way you stretch the dough to size for your customers?

???

-Bill

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »

In the end,is it  a visual certification contest more than anything? What do your customers say about the taste of all your pies so far?That should tell you something.

I thought you were already doing a great job,I'm a Big fan of your work,yet, according to him,you were doing it all wrong,like so many places, because of the way the dough got stretched?
 :o

How is the taste of your pies gonna change/improve by the way you stretch the dough to size for your customers?

???
Ya know,the pies are better.I took some of what he said and some of what I was already doing,and after talking to other VPN Pizzaioli,realized that the finished product is what counts ,what the pies look and taste like ,not as much how they get there.

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:24 AM »
Thats good to hear.I really do not know nor understand all that much about the certification requirements that go on.Its just sort of sounded like the Judge said,"My way is the Only right way",Instead of what works best for you,as long as you make an authentic pie in the end,counts most.

That aside,wishing you all the best.

:chef:

-Bill

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »
Thats good to hear.I really do not know nor understand all that much about the certification requirements that go on.Its just sort of sounded like the Judge said,"My way is the Only right way",Instead of what works best for you,as long as you make an authentic pie in the end,counts most.

That aside,wishing you all the best.

:chef:

Thanks,appreciate it,come see me sometime!!

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 12:15:10 AM »
Thanks,appreciate it,come see me sometime!!

Will most definitely stop by next time I'm headed out that way!
 :)
-Bill

pizzapan