Author Topic: Steak!  (Read 9371 times)

Offline trosenberg

• Burning Desire for Pizza
Re: Steak!
« Reply #820 on: September 03, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
28 day dry aged prime grilled rare on lump charcoal  washed down with a bottle 2000 Lynch Bages.   Side dishes of my home grown heirlooms with fresh mozzarella some Spanish EVOO, Maldon flaked salt and home grown potatoes cooked with salt and malt vinegar. Happy Birthday to me.  Life is good.
Trosenberg

Offline trosenberg

« Reply #821 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:15 AM »
I think the money shot was left off my posting !
Trosenberg

Offline jkb

« Reply #822 on: September 03, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »
I think the money shot was left off my posting !

Screw the steak, I want a glass of that wine!  What vintage was that?

Offline trosenberg

« Reply #823 on: September 04, 2014, 07:39:29 PM »
2000 and drinking fine.
Trosenberg

Offline jkb

« Reply #824 on: September 04, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »
2000 and drinking fine.

Nice!  I hope you've got some more for the future.  The only bottles of Lynch-Bages I have at this point are from 2005 and 2009.  I'll have to be patient and try not to die before they're ready.

Offline trosenberg

« Reply #825 on: September 05, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »
I know timing is important.  It would be a shame to die with some great bottles not yet ready! I have a few more of the 2000's.  I have vintages going back to 82 for Bordeaux with  a few odd ball bottles older.
Trosenberg

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #826 on: September 05, 2014, 08:04:23 PM »
I know timing is important.  It would be a shame to die with some great bottles not yet ready! I have a few more of the 2000's.  I have vintages going back to 82 for Bordeaux with  a few odd ball bottles older.

I will take a bottle of the 2000 if dont mind sharing. If not, i will settle for a comparable substitute like MD 20/20. Let me know shipping cost, i'll split the cost with ya. :P

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #827 on: September 05, 2014, 08:12:31 PM »
Ted,

I am available for adoption :-D.

Peter

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #828 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »
28 day dry aged prime grilled rare on lump charcoal  washed down with a bottle 2000 Lynch Bages.   Side dishes of my home grown heirlooms with fresh mozzarella some Spanish EVOO, Maldon flaked salt and home grown potatoes cooked with salt and malt vinegar. Happy Birthday to me.  Life is good.

Tomatoes look really good.  Only way I could eat my tomatoes would be after I shot the groundhog and cooked him!   :-D   

I will take a bottle of the 2000 if dont mind sharing. If not, i will settle for a comparable substitute like MD 20/20. Let me know shipping cost, i'll split the cost with ya. :P

MD20/20 .... reminds of my days back at Temple!

tom

Offline trosenberg

« Reply #829 on: September 06, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »
Peter, For all you have done on this forum the least I could do is share a nice bottle.  Send me a PM with you shipping address.
Trosenberg

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #830 on: September 06, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
Peter, For all you have done on this forum the least I could do is share a nice bottle.  Send me a PM with you shipping address.
Maaaan!!  Now how classy is that.  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #831 on: September 06, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
Ted,

Thank you for the kind offer but I was only joking. Also, I already have some Lynch Bages. It is one of my favorites. I have the 88s and maybe a few 89s left, which I like better than the 88s. I told my son that when I croak, he should clear out of my wines from my wine cooler and replace everything with two-buck-Chuck, for estate tax calculation purposes :-D.

Peter

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #832 on: September 06, 2014, 03:54:24 PM »
Ted,

Thank you for the kind offer but I was only joking. Also, I already have some Lynch Bages. It is one of my favorites. I have the 88s and maybe a few 89s left, which I like better than the 88s. I told my son that when I croak, he should clear out of my wines from my wine cooler and replace everything with two-buck-Chuck, for estate tax calculation purposes :-D.

Peter

Now that's some forward thinking right there! :-D I don't mind that 2BC for cooking though, actually quite good for a kitchen wine, keep the good stuff for a glass!

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #833 on: September 06, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
Major storm last night so I made steak indoors.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline trosenberg

« Reply #834 on: September 06, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »
Pete, My oldest son was born in 88 & I had bought some 88s as futures.  The $60/bottle I spend on Lafite is looking like a good investment now.  The 88 Diamond Creeks are still drinking ok as well.   But I was serious anyone who uses this site owes you and I am happy to share.   
Trosenberg

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #835 on: September 06, 2014, 07:31:24 PM »
Ted,

Thank you for the kind words.

Peter

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #836 on: Today at 12:39:59 AM »
Inside round, pounded out with a mallet a bit, seasoned with Garvey rub mix, soy and Worcestershire and tossed into a screaming hot cast iron skillet with 50/50 bacon grease and butter. Sliced on the bias and onto wheat toast with some banh mi veggies, pickled japs, S&p, a bit of 57 and some cilantro. A MIGHTY fine sandwich. Made a few of the little roll ups too with some hot sauce and chili flakes

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #837 on: Today at 12:47:40 AM »
Nice way to start the days off........ :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"