Author Topic: Place your bets!  (Read 737 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Place your bets!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:20 PM »
Both of you are awesome, this place would be MUCH less without you both. Norma you amaze me with how much energy you have, simply amazing!!!

jon

Jon,

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 07:51:17 PM »
Norma,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I also want you to do that I do not intend to ask for a recount :-D.

But, to be serious, I owe you a lot too. You and I have been collaborators in so many of your projects, where you and I did most of the posting. The things you wanted to do very often forced me to learn things that I never knew before or that sent me into my kitchen to do experiments in order to be able to help you. Thinking back, off the top of my head, I can recall over a dozen instances where you and I collaborated on your projects, and where you and I logged hundreds of posts as a result. Since you had professional equipment and access to ingredients used by professionals, you were the pilot. I, on the other hand, with only basic home mixing equipment, a standard electric home oven and a pizza stone that were older than many of the members of the forum, and with access to mainly supermarket ingredients, was the navigator and consultant and dough formulator. So, our projects were important contributors to my knowledge base.

This forum has meant a lot to me. It has given me an opportunity to do fun and interesting things. It has also helped me keep my mind alert and not atrophy from too little use. But for all that the forum has meant to me, there are things that are far more important to me and that I never forget. My health, of course, is one such thing and, in that respect, I have been blessed or lucky. Having the love and respect of my family is another. I am now at the stage of my life where I am getting to see my granddaughter grow and develop into a lovely young lady. My goal at this time is to try to make her life, and the lives of my son and daughter-in-law, better. Everything else pales by comparison.

Peter

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
I'm not keeping tabs. I'm am just thankful for all the wisdom and kindness everyone has generously shared. I think all of our members are winners. Thanks so much! Though.... It will be fun to see the results, best luck to Norma/Pete ;D

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 09:07:16 PM »
Both of you are awesome, this place would be MUCH less without you both. Norma you amaze me with how much energy you have, simply amazing!!!

jon
Jon,

Thank you.

Peter

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »
I think if I had a bucket list, one of them would be to get one day with the each of you learning.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »
I think if I had a bucket list, one of them would be to get one day with the each of you learning.

Nick,

I think Peter could teach and help you better than I could. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 09:33:01 PM »
Dang....22k plus....I got a ways to go....... >:D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan