Author Topic: Lehmann Style Stretch and Fold Method  (Read 975 times)

parallei

Lehmann Style Stretch and Fold Method
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »
I decided to try the turn and fold method on a Lehmann style dough.  14-inch pie, TF = 0.10, 100% KASL, 63% HR, 1% Oil, 1% Sugar, 1.5% Salt, 0.2% IDY.  Mix/squish everything together with hands, rest 30 min., 6 turn and folds, rest  30 min - 6 turn and folds, rest  30 min - 6 turn and folds, rest 30 min. - ball and into fridge for 22 hrs, 1.5 hrs at room temp.  Bake on cheap stone (preheated at 550 deg for 70 min) for 7 min.

Shoot your mixer!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Lehmann Style Stretch and Fold Method
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
Paul,

That's a nice looking pizza. Can you comment on the differences between your "artisan" version and the standard Lehmann pizza made using the straight dough method?

Peter

parallei

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »
Hi Peter,

As far as I can tell (and my tastes are not as fine tuned as some here), there was not a whole lot of difference in the final product between the two methods.  I haven't been making this style of pizza much lately.  Having said that, I think this crust was a bit less leathery (if that is the right word) than I am used to getting with a 100% HG flour in my home oven at these temps.  The dough also handled just fine.

Not trying to be an "artisan" here, just tying to avoid hauling out, cleaning, drying, and putting the mixer away!  Maybe I'm turning into a pizza Luddite...

Paul

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 12:03:18 AM »
Nice Job!Would love a slice of that right now!
 :)
-Bill

pizzapan