Author Topic: Patent applied for on Whole Grain Crust Pizza  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Saturday Coffee

Patent applied for on Whole Grain Crust Pizza
« on: April 24, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/44wqbja

Mother-Son owners of Pizza and Coconut Cafe in Naples applied for a patent on their pizza. 
Above link should take you to the patent application complete with the recipe and technique.

buceriasdon

Re: Patent applied for on Whole Grain Crust Pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
Saturday Coffee, Thanks for the chuckle  :-D
Don

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 02:06:09 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/44wqbja

Mother-Son owners of Pizza and Coconut Cafe in Naples applied for a patent on their pizza. 
Above link should take you to the patent application complete with the recipe and technique.

In the patent business they have a concept of "prior art" which is previous publication of the invention. I would say that the applicants are going to have a big problem with prior art from this website, as it is replete with descriptions of the making of pizzas which are amazingly similar to the "invention". 

Tin Roof

Offline Saturday Coffee

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »
In the patent business they have a concept of "prior art" which is previous publication of the invention. I would say that the applicants are going to have a big problem with prior art from this website, as it is replete with descriptions of the making of pizzas which are amazingly similar to the "invention". 

Tin Roof
Patent was applied for, I don't see that it was ever granted.  Pizza Hut has the most amusing pizza-related patents.  An electronic machine that measures and apples the pizza sauce to the pizza; a ladle with a square shaped measuring cup for use only on square shaped pizzas.
I believe Sears has a patent on a two wheel pizza cutter. None the less, patents and applications are fun to look at.

buceriasdon

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
One can only speculate on why such a patent application even exists in the first place. ??? Either the applicants were bamboozled by an unscrupulous patent attorney or they ignored the attorney's advice and spent even more money upon filing. Whole wheat pizza in a wood burning oven. That's it, there isn't anymore to it than that. Completely unenforceable, it's merely a patent application and not a patent.  It was good for a chuckle none the less.
Don

Patent was applied for, I don't see that it was ever granted.  Pizza Hut has the most amusing pizza-related patents.  An electronic machine that measures and apples the pizza sauce to the pizza; a ladle with a square shaped measuring cup for use only on square shaped pizzas.
I believe Sears has a patent on a two wheel pizza cutter. None the less, patents and applications are fun to look at.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:07:42 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline texmex

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
I'm sure Monsanto will file suit have something to say about patent infringement since they own every freaking plant on earth nowadays. 
Reesa

pizzapan