This post is just to report on how the “monster dough” Sukie pizza turned out yesterday. All the dry ingredients added to the mix, in combination with the water, did seem to turn out better than my last attempt, but I do think more attempts might be needed in terms of more water added to the dough and maybe also changing or tweaking the flour ratios.
I basically just added 6.83 oz. of water to the “monster mix Sukie” and mixed with a rubber spatula. I let the dough sit a little to hydrate the flour more, and did hand knead after about 15 minutes. The dough then still looked too dry so I added a total of 7.3 oz. of water. Not that much more water, but that is exactly how much water I added to the dry mix. The water used was hot. The dough was then sticky, so I gave it a few stretch and folds. The dough seemed fine, and I let it sit and rest another ½ hr. The dough then looked normal, so I did ball and oiled the dough. Altogether, the dough rested or fermented for 2 hrs., before the pie was made. In hindsight, I think I should have added more water. I don’t know if all the dry ingredients added make the dough drier after a while or not, but does seem that way to me.
A new friend that Steve and I are helping to learn to make pizza and stretch dough gave me the lovely peppers yesterday, so I thought I would add them to the “Sukie” pizza pictures, because they are special too!
Pictures of the process and how the “Sukie Pizza” turned out. “Sukie” and her relatives were happy to come out of the drawer yesterday to see their pizza.