Author Topic: My first Stromboli  (Read 1617 times)

Online FeCheF

My first Stromboli
« on: April 27, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
My local supermarket had a good deal on polly-o and maggio a few weeks ago so i have over 5 pounds of mozz i need to use up.That being said, im constantly thinking of what i can make with this cheese besides Pizza..lol We had alot of ham left over from easter dinner so i thought i would try to make a stromboli.

I used a quick 2 hour room temp pizza dough recipe below.

KABF= 362g
VWG= 10g
WATER= 210g (heated to 110-120F)
IDY= 4g (1 tsp )
SUGAR= 1 tsp (leveled)
HONEY= 20g
SALT= 1 tsp (leveled)
EVOO= 2 TBSP (I used homemade garlic & basil infused evoo)

Directions:
Combine flour,VWG,and IDY in bowl and wisk to airate four.Combine sugar, honey, salt, water, and evoo in standing mixer.Slowly add flour to your mixer bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.Attach dough hook to mixer and knead on medium low setting (number 2 setting) for 15 minutes.Remove dough from bowl and shape into a ball.Spray dough ball and a large container with pam and place dough ball inside, and lay plastic wrap over dough ball and put lid on the container.Let set for 2 hours before using.

For the filling i used:
HAM= 8oz
Pepperoni= 4oz
Smoked provolone=  2oz
Mild white cheddar= 4oz
Mozzarella= 8oz
Ricotta= 2oz
Fresh basil= 4 leaves (rough chop)

To make the stromboli I just rolled the dough ball out to a 14 inch pie and layered the filling ingredients in the center leaving an inch on both sides and about 4 inches on top and bottom to fold over the filling, then tuck the excess dough under, roll over and pinch dough to close.(very important so filling doesnt leak out) Roll back over and cut 3 small diagonal slits in center.Beat an egg and brush over top of dough and bake for 15-20 min at 425F

I kinda made the stromboli spare of the moment so i didnt get many pictures, but here is a few.

Offline gtsum2

Re: My first Stromboli
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
looks good!  I like some stromboli and calzones every now and then as a changeup to pizza

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: My first Stromboli
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »
Nice job Fechef.  Thanks for posting the recipe as well. 

:chef: