Author Topic: volume measurement NY style  (Read 680 times)

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
volume measurement NY style
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »
so tonight, i took my mothers bread recipe and looked at it, crunched some numbers, and said 'hmm, i can use this for pizza!'

4.5c flour (stir container with whisk, scoop into cup, level (not pack down) with flat edge
1.5c warm water
4t yeast (idy)
2.5t salt
1.5T sugar
and the only part i changed:
1/3c of olive oil instead of 1/3c of melted butter

mixed it in the bread machine until it came together and started to de-jag the edges, dumped it out split it into two, did one and a half stretch/folds, balled them up and tucked the corners, set them in a sprayed pan and sprayed the entire outside of the balls with canola spray.  put them on countertop to proof one hour, and placed them in the fridge afterwards until they reached desired size (slightly over double in 2 hours) took them out, stretched them in a 50/50 blend of AP/WW flour, and let them rise for 30mins on screen before baking at 550.
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: volume measurement NY style
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »
Jon. Beautiful work.  You are such a pro making it sound so easy.

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:36:02 PM »
Do you deliver?
 ;D

Nice work! Love the pies!
 :pizza:
-Bill

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »
thanks for the compliments.  i noticed that there is a lack of 'easy' ny style recipes for beginners, and i think this is a good one to use.   future reference, i think that using less (3T) oil would be better, it's almost too soft to be pizza dough. 

and yes, i actually do deliver, there is a few people that request that i make them pizza for lunch/personal time, sometimes at work as a delivery.   my last delivery was (5) 16" pizzas.  one cheese, one 'supreme', one chicken bacon ranch, one veggie, and one pepperoni mushroom.   talk about a hassle, my oven is 21x17!
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »

c0mpl3x,

Nice job using you motherís bread recipe for a pizza.  :) It turned out looking very good!  It sure does look like you NY style pizza dough was in emergency territory.  Your fine example is another, that bread and pizza are the same or about the same.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan