Hey, glad to have found these forums.
I'm 21 yrs old, just moved out of a residential college into a house with mates and so have started doing a lot of cooking.
I've always been a big fan of pizza, especially home made pizza's so I decided to have a shot at making my own.
I'm guessing that a lot of people on here might find this funny but this is what I've been doing so far.
My super amazing pizza recipe
- chuck about 150g of wholemeal self raising flower into a mixing bowl
- fill a glass with some warm water and pour in a small amount of sugar and salt
- add some instant dry yeast on top
- add to flour, with a bit of oil, until it's dough like but not to sticky
- Sometimes will let rise for a while, or put in the fridge for later use
- put some baking paper onto a tray and roll out pizza
- add packet pizza sauce, cheese and other toppings
- put in pre heated oven at max temp (about 250 Celsius) and cook for about 10 mins
So, in case you can't tell they haven't been the most amazing pizza's ever. ..
I'm really keen to start learning how to make a great home made pizza, and having browsed through this forum a little bit I know I have a lot to learn.
I'm a student so not wanting to be spending heaps of money on fancy stuff, but have been thinking about investing in a pizza stone.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of some good posts / resources that will enable me to start learning how to make great pizza's?
Any little tips that anyone feels like giving are greatly appreciated