Author Topic: "Corrado" brand canned tomatoes?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
"Corrado" brand canned tomatoes?
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »
Saw a large can of these (Italian peeled tomatoes) today, never heard of them. Anyone every tried them?
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline Zing

Re: "Corrado" brand canned tomatoes?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »
Restaurant-sized Corrado products is a foodservice private label brand. Corrado operates a terrific supermarket on Main Avenue in Clifton, NJ and also runs a foodservice operation nearby at 600 Getty Avenue, also in Clifton, NJ. Corrado private label supermarket and foodservice products show up at outlet/surplus places in the NJ/NY area from time to time.
http://www.corradosmarket.com/home/home.html

scott123

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »
I have a 90 oz. can of the Corrado San Marzanos that's been sitting on my shelf for a couple months. I probably won't ever use it, as I can't stand seeds and milling is too much of a hassle.

I don't ever see myself being a big San Marzano fan.  Milling is messy and the SM puree/passata is about 5 times the price of the California puree, and, imo, is not as tart/bright/fresh tasting.

Speaking of stuff I probably won't ever use, I just checked my shelf and have a hulking 6 lb. 9 oz. can of 6 in 1 all purpose ground tomatoes. I hate skin even more than seeds.

If anyone's willing to come to Morristown, I'll part with both cans for $2. PM me.

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
If I'm ever close to Morristown I'd gladly relieve you of the 6 in 1's.
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

scott123

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 03:39:18 PM »
If I'm ever close to Morristown I'd gladly relieve you of the 6 in 1's.

Sounds good!  First come, first serve   :)