Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 673 times)

Offline JoeBagz

Introduction
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Patrick or Paddy to close friends and family. I currently live in New Jersey but was born and grew up in the Bronx, New York. About 4 blocks from Arthur Avenue, the little Italy of the Bronx. I grew up with pizza, very good to simply amazing pizza. Back in a time when coal or wood fired brick ovens were not so very unusual. Even tiny bake shops had really good flat bread pizza for sale. And if I'm not mistaken it was maybe 15 cents a slice then, so life was good. Sadly I never learned anything about making pizza from those who did it so extraordinarily well. So fast forward to today. l started making my own pizza about a year ago because there is very little good pizza to be had in the area where I live. As with many things in life if you want it done right you must do it yourself, or at least try to. My dough is only decent with much room for improvement, which is why I am here. And thank you all in advance for you patience and insights.

P         

Online Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »
Welcome, Paddy!
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:15:09 PM »
Welcome Paddy to the forum.
Don

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »
Welcome Paddy. I was given a book called "The Arthur Avenue Cookbook" and it has more than just recipes. Text and pictures show that Arthur Ave is a great place for Italian food. Must have been a great place to live near.

pizzapan