Author Topic: I love this forum!  (Read 507 times)

Offline Judon

I love this forum!
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

We are in a small town in upstate NY. We both lived in NYC for many years and were spoiled by the bounty.

I happened upon this site looking to improve on the Neo-Neopolitan recipe I had been using in American Pie and have been reading til all hours of the day and night. What and amazing compilation of knowledge and personalities.

I've been baking artisan breads for 18 years using wheat or rye starters. Why I'm just getting back to pizza is a mystery to me. My husband, luckily, is a fan and loved that all the food groups were on his breakfast pizza yesterday. I followed John's post, Neo-Neopolitan...Way too easy, Very Good, with great success only to learn 'someone' had left the camera in the car all winter - frozen=broken, so I couldn't post a pic. For years I baked in a 20" 1950's Tappan that rocked. I now have a JennAir double oven, small top, regular bottom oven. The top compartment is the one with the broiler - I put my stone in that one and it's been working beautifully for pizza. I'm hoping to entice a friend into chopping an 18" Weber for me!

Last week I made an American Style following Pete-zza'a Papa John's clone. It was also great. I had never had a Papa John's pizza so we ordered one on Sunday to see what is was like. Yuck, double yuck, sorry to say I tossed it out with no regrets.

I'll keep baking and I'll post, without pictures, til 'someone' gets us a new camera.

Thank you all for doing what you do here...Judy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:51:34 PM by Judon »

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: I love this forum!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »
Welcome Judy. Looking forward to your posts. Since I'm older, Tappen is a name that rings a bell. Hope the new camera comes soon.