Author Topic: Urban Outfitters Buys Pizza Chain  (Read 943 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Urban Outfitters Buys Pizza Chain
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »
“While the potential overlap of the customer base is obvious (URBN shoppers surely like gourmet pizza!), the challenge of operating a new business and successfully integrating it with URBN is not insignificant,”

Really? I never would have thought of that. I guess it's just this sort of insightful view that earns analysts the big bucks. /sarc

So, to solve the problems of their failing business, they are going to buy a business in one of the most difficult and competitive industries, oh, and by the way, they know nothing about making pizza. What could possibly go wrong?

"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »
“While the potential overlap of the customer base is obvious (URBN shoppers surely like gourmet pizza!), the challenge of operating a new business and successfully integrating it with URBN is not insignificant,”

Really? I never would have thought of that. I guess it's just this sort of insightful view that earns analysts the big bucks. /sarc

So, to solve the problems of their failing business, they are going to buy a business in one of the most difficult and competitive industries, oh, and by the way, they know nothing about making pizza. What could possibly go wrong?
i think  read that the ceo was already an investor in the vetri group. not sure if he knows anything about running one though...

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 03:57:30 PM »
Best pizza in Philly, and they evidently just opened one in Austin.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »
i think  read that the ceo was already an investor in the vetri group. not sure if he knows anything about running one though...

I don't think that's right. Nobody is that dumb - for a public company to buy a business in which the CEO is an investor - no way.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 06:49:51 PM »
Looks like even great pizza can't help UO , or falling sales of their primary business.
The stock is down more than 20% on the news, on a very good day for the markets.

I hope they were paid in cash. 

Perry
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:07:40 PM by pizzaboyfan »

Offline Fire-n-smoke

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 08:54:05 AM »
I don't think that's right. Nobody is that dumb - for a public company to buy a business in which the CEO is an investor - no way.

sounds like the government

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:03:09 AM »

sounds like the government

I stand corrected. Nobody running a public company is that dumb. Plenty of politicians are.  :-D