Author Topic: Pedro from Rio de Janeiro  (Read 542 times)

Offline pedwid

Pedro from Rio de Janeiro
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:01:58 PM »
Hey guys nice to be on here,

I moved to Rio a few years back and am in the process of setting up a pizzaria and deli. I hope to be able to share and contribute to the forum actively. I love making pizza and got my first job doing it when i was 19. Theres something magical about it. I love to throw dough and take great pride in my speed and efficiency at it. Soon I will have my stores website up and running and will post videos and media.

Pleasure to meet you all,
Pedro

buceriasdon

Re: Pedro from Rio de Janeiro
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Perdo, I look forward to your posts. Welcome.
Don

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »
Hi Pedro,

I spent a few months in Rio and I do love your city.  Such a beautiful setting.  And lots of pizza, though most of it is bad.  What style of pizza will you make?  Where will your pizzeria be located?  Send us a link to your website as soon as you have it done. 

Ate logo...

Tin Roof

Offline pedwid

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:13:07 AM »
Tin Roof,

I agree with you that the pizza here is horrible. That is why I want to make a real pizza shop. I think it will go over well. We now have some fancy pizza houses but they have fashioned themselves as fine dining establishments selling gourmet pizza sometimes for nearly 50usd for a large sized pie. Im in the process of setting up a deli pizzeria with good affordable pizza in botafogo which is a traditional neighborhood here with lots of street trade and also businesses. the site will probably be up in about a month. Ive bought it but so far its ajust a template www.pizzabizarra.com Ill report back when I have something more substantial to show. 

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »
In Brazil do you have access to high protein flour?  I know that in some countries this is an issue, i.e., it is difficult to find flour of the right type to make artisan pizza. I imagine that between Southern Brazil and Argentina you would have just about every type of wheat that we have here in the U.S., but it is a question worth asking. 

Regards,

Tin Roof

Offline pedwid

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:18 AM »
Its a real problem here. There is almost no variety as culturally we ahve not been exposed to using many different types of flour. This can be easily observed in the fact that we have very little diversification of breads and pastries. But luckily our standard stuff is decent. I can attest that even having worked in pizzarias for a long time in the states, where I grew up and having travelled quite a bit, my dough here is pretty special. its just the way I like it. I make thin crust pizzas authentic northern italian style.

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »
Its a real problem here. There is almost no variety as culturally we ahve not been exposed to using many different types of flour. This can be easily observed in the fact that we have very little diversification of breads and pastries. But luckily our standard stuff is decent. I can attest that even having worked in pizzarias for a long time in the states, where I grew up and having travelled quite a bit, my dough here is pretty special. its just the way I like it. I make thin crust pizzas authentic northern italian style.

Post some photos next time you make a pizza.  We love to see pictures! 

Regards,

Tin Roof

pizzapan