Author Topic: Too close to the fire  (Read 1052 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Too close to the fire
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »
I was putting some wood in the BBQ mod (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9614.0.html), and I guess I got a little too close...
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Too close to the fire
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:21:25 PM »
 :-D Glad you are okay.  Man I tell ya, pizza making can be a dangerous hobby.   I was grating some frozen cheese one time, slipped, and grated a chunk of skin off my thumb!  

Not to worry though, that's a good look for you.   8)

Chau
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:28:27 PM by Jackie Tran »

parallei

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:22:42 PM »
Craig,

I can relate to that, even with the 2Stone.  My beard and hair can get singed peaking when it is really hot.  Always smells great when one showers :-X

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:13:05 AM »
Craig,

Lol, Sorry to chuckle, I am also glad you are okay.  I agree pizza making can be dangerous sometimes.  I have burnt myself different times, had smoke alarms going off, and just yesterday was fixing my one fence up to grow tomatoes and herbs for pizza (so the wild critters, donít eat the stuff I have planted).  I was using a staple gun, and somehow managed to run part of a staple in my thumb.  I have fallen backwards off a ladder, at market, and from that fall got many black and blue marks.  I wonít even go into all the other stuff that happened.

Dumb thing I did yesterday!  :-D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »
:-D Glad you are okay.  Man I tell ya, pizza making can be a dangerous hobby.   I was grating some frozen cheese one time, slipped, and grated a chunk of skin off my thumb!  

Not to worry though, that's a good look for you.   8)

Chau

Chau,I just did that last week! Grating cheese and took out a nice chunk of skin there!

Got the big scar crater but it's now growing back in there!
 :-D

Craig,

Here is a new slogan for ya...

ďIím not only the Burnt Hair Club President, but Iím also a client.Ē 

:-D

-Bill

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:38:18 PM »
too funny! gotta be honest here.  I just did the exact same thing sunday! :-D after 6 years of WFO with only arm singe I opened the monster door of the big guy barrel sunday and poof it just hit me in the exact same place as you !! I have pulled and scraped mostout  so I didnt look too funny, and  my receeding hairline is a bit more prominient. you wanna play you gotta pay!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

PaulsPizza

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »
Glad your ok Craig!  :-D I done the same on my BBQ last week, got my right eye lashes too! :o
Also, a few years ago when I worked in a bakery I was grating cheese and the cheese block broke in half and I grated the joint on my thumb and under the flap of skin I could see bone!!!! I nearly passed out :o :-D

Paul

pizzapan