Author Topic: Greetings from Spanglerland (Portland)  (Read 449 times)

Offline Doug H

Greetings from Spanglerland (Portland)
« on: May 18, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
I've been somewhat obsessed with pizza for most of my life.  I distinctly remember having homemade pizza for dinner at a friend's house when I was a kid and it was a revelation that pizza could be made at home!  Even though it was probably Chef Boyardi (which will always have a place in my pizza heart) with added toppings, I remember it fondly.  I didn't get serious about making pizza myself until college when we had Pizza Fridays in the house I was sharing.  Whoever's turn it was to cook that week produced their own version of pizza.  This is when my tastes likely locked onto New York style pepperoni, or just reinforced that I've always been a thin crust pepperoni person (and not a whole wheat crust vegetable medly person).  Anyway, so many pizzas later, it's now Apizza Scholls that set the bar for the best I've ever tasted.  I've been trying to figure out how to make my own pizza somewhere as good as Brian's.  It's been a long struggle, and I'm closer (with the help of this forum), but not there yet.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Greetings from Spanglerland (Portland)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »
Hello Doug - If you have not already seen it, Brian is a member of the forum (sfspanky) and has graciously given us his recipe. Peter has put it into percents here:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11994.msg124161.html#msg124161

Scan the rest of the thread for workflow.

John

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »

Offline Doug H

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
Thanks Dellavecchia and Peet-zza for the kind replys.  As I've been lurking on this site for two or three months now, I have checked out the Spangler posts, and I have tried to duplicate his recipe with mixed results.  Peet-zza, I just noticed your phrase under your avatar, "Always Learning".  I like that, and it is certainly applicable to the pizza quest.