Author Topic: Another Effeuno P134H user  (Read 6901 times)

Offline schold

Re: Another Effeuno P134H user
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »
Yes, I believe you are right. I made a marinara with the remaining dough today, and the pie was still not picture-worthy  ;D. It didn't brown much, which surprises me, and even the bottom was pretty uncharred (though it was fully cooked). Still, the result today was lighter and better tasting. I'll give my starter a real workout and try again. I love the colour of your starter - looks very nice!
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy, unless it's pastry - then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline schold

« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »
A pizza based on cake yeast-fermented dough while I'm putting my starter through a rigorous training program. 5 stagioni, 65% hydration, ~24 hour fermentation, ~90 seconds cooking time. Good food!
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy, unless it's pastry - then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline aspendos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2015, 04:44:54 PM »
Schold. It is Time to get yourself a good camera.  I am sure your cell phone pictures don`t show the beauty of your pies.
what is your bakers percentage on your dough?

Offline schold

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »
Schold. It is Time to get yourself a good camera.  I am sure your cell phone pictures don`t show the beauty of your pies.
what is your bakers percentage on your dough?

Yes, true. It is on my list of needed pizza equipment. Dough is 65% hydration, 2.9% salt, 0.45% cake yeast.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline schold

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2015, 02:38:32 PM »
Last dough ball of this batch used...   :-\

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »
Looks superb!
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline schold

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »
Thanks, Don! As you can see, I have a new toppings hang-up  :)

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »
Yeah, recognized that! But tomatoes and arugula is a great combo, if both are good quality!
My Pizza

Offline schold

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »
5 Stagioni flour, 65% hydration, 2.9% salt and 0.5% cake yeast. Cold fermented for ~48 hours and then 2 hours rt.

Margherita dangerous: Pie cooked in 80 seconds and then added tomatos, garlic, pesto, coarsely ground black pepper and some Maldon sea salt crystals.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »
The topping sounds a little overwhelming to me but the Cornicone/Pizza itself looks spot on - very good! Is your Oven modified by now or are you still using it stock?
Your SD culture isn't ready yet?
My Pizza

Offline schold

« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
Hi, Don! The topping combinations are actually stolen from a company called Dolly Dimple, a Norwegian pizza chain, which made a pizza named margherita dangerous. I like it, but I have no problems understanding your view :D. To each his own.

Yes, the Effeuno P134H is still stock. The improved results with it are merely due to experience.

My SD culture is alive and well, but the air kinda went out of me on that project. I'm not sure I would be able to get consistently good results with it. The process obviously gets more complex than using cake yeast, and I am very happy with the clean, delicate wheat taste that I get from CY. The culture is still in the fridge, as I haven't had the heart to pour it out into the waste.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:19:03 PM by schold »

- Marco Pierre White

Offline schold

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Don, here's my latest attempt at SD. Taste aint bad, but obviously, I'm not happy all together. The lack of browning compared to cake yeast is peculiar to me. 4% homemade SD culture, 65% hydration, 2.9% salt and rt fermentation for 36 hours.

I think I'll stick to CY...

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
Another Effeuno P134H user
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Yeah, your cake yeast Pies sure look better. These were under fermented I'm pretty sure. Your sd culture sure looks nice and active though. I found I got best results by double feeding my culture (day before I make dough and the day I make
Dough, approximately 5 hours before I start) and strangely lower hydrations seem to work better for me (which I like more anyway).I wouldn't quit the sd yet. Try with double feeding, 7% Starter and a 24 Hour ferment. I made Pies today as well and these were disappointingly under ferments too. Tried with less culture and high hydration plus room temp being a little colder. The Pie definitely looks better than it tasted.
My Pizza

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »
Hi, Don! The topping combinations are actually stolen from a company called Dolly Dimple, a Norwegian pizza chain, which made a pizza named margherita dangerous. I like it, but I have no problems understanding your view :D. To each his own.

Yes, the Effeuno P134H is still stock. The improved results with it are merely due to experience.

My SD culture is alive and well, but the air kinda went out of me on that project. I'm not sure I would be able to get consistently good results with it. The process obviously gets more complex than using cake yeast, and I am very happy with the clean, delicate wheat taste that I get from CY. The culture is still in the fridge, as I haven't had the heart to pour it out into the waste.

Remove the rubber seal on your SD jar, Keep it out of the fridge and refresh it each day  by trowing away half of it. And ad new water, flour and something to feed on like honey. stir it wel and after a couple of days it should be revived like Jesus from the grave :angel:

I only keep it in the fridge when I am not planning to use it for more then 7 days.

pizzapan