Author Topic: Different 00 flour types?  (Read 203 times)

Offline wzitser

Different 00 flour types?
« on: October 11, 2014, 05:45:38 PM »
I just bought a bag of Molino di Borgo S. Damazzo Farina di grano tenero 00 Flour and when I read the side I realized that the Protein is 9.2g.
That seems more like AP flour, so even though is milled finely the protein is not as high. Is there such thing as AP 00 and Bread Flour 00? If so, how do I know what is Pizza 00 flour since most don't even say how much protein there is. As an example, the other flour I find is Molino Spadoni Gran Mugnaio, it doesn't say how much protein % there is, but there is a clown making pizzas on the bag, so I'm guessing it's good for pizza.
Is there a list somewhere in the forum?

Thank you!

Offline sub

Re: Different 00 flour types?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:52:23 AM »
Hi wzitser,

The 00 minimum protein content is 9g.

You should do a short rise (8-12 hours ) with them.

Salvatore Salvo recommend  to use a flour with a max protein content of 11,5% and a strength of W230.    http://domanieunaltroforno.it/blog/come-una-pizza.html

Offline Montyzumo

• I'm here for Pizza
Re: Different 00 flour types?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 04:20:51 AM »
This (the clown on the bag  ;D) is molinos pizza flour which they say is ideal for long rise times.  To answer the question, each brand has different 00's for different purposes. Other than the statutory minimum requirements they won't give much away as to their  00 is just the coarseness of the flour (0 courser, 000 finer)