Author Topic: 4 pack puffy  (Read 330 times)

Offline Everlast

4 pack puffy
« on: October 13, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »
I've been working on getting a little more puffiness in the rim and have known that dough handling can make a difference. However, recently I've been pressing out my dough balls with more force and getting the dough to a good 8-9 inches on the counter before a quick 1-2 second stretch over the knuckles in the air and then on to the peel. I think it's made a measurable difference in the cornicione. I'm sure this has been discussed on the board before but now I can confirm that it works. Here's 4 pizzas I made over the weekend using this technique. 62% water, 2.8% salt, 1.5% starter, 48h rise at 65F lowered to 60F for the last 8 hours to adjust for a very active starter. Margherita with Calabrian chili oil, Bianco's Rosa, black truffle and 4 mushroom, and pepperoni and poblano peppers.

Offline nythincrust11

Re: 4 pack puffy
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
Great looking pies, how did you cook these?

Offline Everlast

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
Thanks - 2stone Inferno 90 second bakes. Deck temp was between 825F - 850F.

Offline rsaha

• I'm so confused...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 07:48:19 AM »
Beautiful as always. I will try your technique for my next bake. Will also shoot for 850.

What size dough ball did you use and what diameter are these pizzas?

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:00:02 AM »
Your pizzas looks fantastic. Enough to get inspire me to get my 2stone going again this Fall and try and learn some new skills.

May I ask about your rise time? Of the 48+6 hours, was a part of that a bulk rise followed by making individual balls?

Thank you in advance.

Jim

Offline Everlast

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 12:44:03 PM »
Thanks!

What size dough ball did you use and what diameter are these pizzas?

275g and the diameter is right around 12 inches. The aluminum pizza trays that you can see in a couple of the pictures are 12 inch trays.

May I ask about your rise time? Of the 48+6 hours, was a part of that a bulk rise followed by making individual balls?

The rise was 48 hours total. 24 hours bulk at 65F, balled and then around 16 hours at 65F. I checked and the dough balls had plenty of rise so I lowered the temp to 60F for the last 8 hours so they didn't get overblown.

pizzapan