Author Topic: 2Stone pizza pics  (Read 43852 times)

parallei

Re: 2Stone pizza pics
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
Tonight's 2Stoners.  8% Starter for 24 hrs at 65F.  Contadino Flour.  You know, that longer natural ferment Marco talked about years ago......long before I showed up. :-D

Plus, because Wine Shots are all the rage, the bottle of "Château Cash Flow" from Ravenswood  we drank.  Their vintner's blend Zin is always a great buy when it is on sale for $7.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:53:39 PM by parallei »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
Paul,

Your pizza and wine look great to me!  ;D  Wish I could have been there to tried both of them. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline toddster63

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2012, 04:05:21 AM »
Sign me up for a sloice of that one, Paul, uyum-liocioud! MMMMMmmmmmmm. It's after midnight and I wan some PEEEZZZA! Damn you, Paul, damn you!I I AM SUFREN!

Offline slybarman

« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2012, 09:54:08 AM »
Lovely slice - nice and airy.

Offline Everlast

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
8% Starter for 24 hrs at 65F.  Contadino Flour.  You know, that longer natural ferment Marco talked about years ago......long before I showed up. :-D

Paul,

I assume you're using Ischia starter from your earlier posts. Where did you get the 8% for 24 hours at 65F figure? Have you been pleased with the results? I'm thinking about doing 8% Ischia starter for 24 hrs at 65F, then adding the additional step of into the fridge for 24 hrs, then bring to room temp and bake.

Damian

parallei

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
Paul,

I assume you're using Ischia starter from your earlier posts. Where did you get the 8% for 24 hours at 65F figure? Have you been pleased with the results? I'm thinking about doing 8% Ischia starter for 24 hrs at 65F, then adding the additional step of into the fridge for 24 hrs, then bring to room temp and bake.

Damian
Posted on: August 19, 2012, 07:54:08 AM

Damian,

Yes, Ischia starter.  I did the 8% Stater (of total dough weight, very active stater) thing before here:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13911.msg151931.html#msg151931

I think I noticed Bill/SFNM mentioning using 8% once.  It seems to fit within the general guide lines.  I've been avoiding the fridge lately (as many have suggested) and do like the results better.  Another of my favorites is Stater @ 20% of flour weight, at room temp for 10 hours or so with a 70% HR.  Basically following the Tartine Bread work flow.  If you search for Tartine, I'm sure you'll come up with the info.

Paul

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Ringkingpin, don't know if you saw this....our friend Bill Dugan with some more exotic pizza toppings.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/html5/video?id=8816554&pid=8816421&section=resources/lifestyle_community/food/restaurants

wg
2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
It's been a while since I've posted any pics or made any pizzas for that matter.  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly I can reinvigorate a dormant, abused and neglected starter which since in a back corner of my fridge.

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline ringkingpin

Brillat-Savarin

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »
RKP whats on the first one? Sopressata, double onion?
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2012, 09:58:07 PM »
No, but I do like good "superset" as my parents neighbor who has a couple hundred hanging in his attic calls it, lol. 

That one is simply cheese, red sauce, onion and sliced and sweated shitake shrooms.  :)
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »
No, but I do like good "superset" as my parents neighbor who has a couple hundred hanging in his attic calls it, lol. 

That one is simply cheese, red sauce, onion and sliced and sweated shitake shrooms.  :)

Nice. The sauce looked like meat.

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »
put together another nice session last night!

Brillat-Savarin

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »
rkp, those pies look excellent- very similar to how mine have been coming out lately on 2stone grill setup..

Clay

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »
awesome looking pizza Clay, we should exchange notes!

My biggest "X" factor is that I alway use starters which I leave in my fridge and often times done plan out according, just make some dough and take stabs at the yeast management.  What I mean by that is, I don't know if my starter is on the upswing or downward slope when I don't mess with it.  It's also kind of fun to work in this fashion because I'm actually over time (opening bag #17 next week) developing a understanding of how the start will behave and how to react to it.  Far from science... lots of seat of the pants.
I developed my recipe on weights and then switch it over to volume for pure ease

2 cups of starter around pancake batter consistency
2 cups of h20
2 table spoons of kosher salt
8 cups flour

The variables are obviously what the consistency of the sourdough is (hydration %) and the activity level of the starter. 

Usually I mix it up, do an overnight proof then ball in the next day and have it for dinner.  When running the two stone, I shove the burner all the way towards the back and let it chug along so the front of the bottom stone reads 720 and the back is usually close to 100 degrees hotter.  The top stone I get 900 at the back and middle and maybe 800 at the front.  These are all readings I took tonight in 35 degree weather. 

Today for the first time I DID use my new steam shower as proofing box, lol.  It worked GREAT!

RKP
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »
put together another nice session last night!

They appear to be small, killer and deadly good.

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »
RKP, Thanks for the notes about your process. Your method of working sounds like you like to figure things out by feel as opposed to being tied to the scale & the clock.
I use a starter (French, from Ed wood) as well, which I keep active as I bake at least twice a week, either pizza, bread, or both. I like to stick with specific hydration #'s and use a scale religiously.... Just works better for me.

I do use your "feel" style for managing my starter, which I taste & smell & then wash if it gets too acidic...

Lately I have followed Craig's dough method which works very well for me, with the small amounts of starter and a 48 hour rise, using the fridge to slow things down if I need to.
I also find that if I have any doughs left at day 4, they can be a little too sour for me.
I have been experimenting with caputo, KAAP, and blends of the 2.
My 2 stone on the grill seems to work best between 725- 750. I can get it to over 800, but that temp almost always burns the bottom, even at low (under 60%) hydration.
Like your steam shower proofing idea.
--clay

Offline parallei

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
With all the "BlackStone" action going on, we need to keep the 2Stone flame going.  Caputo, 24 hr in the fridge, 62% HR, 0.3% IDY.  About 75 seconds.

Gotta find some smaller diameter Sopressata. The Sopresssata pie Bacio Brand mozz.  It has been available here in Denver for awhile now.  Pretty tasty stuff.  Have included bottom shot for the pizza perv's.........

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:34:51 PM by parallei »

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2013, 02:09:43 AM »
Looks good even though I have blackstone haha! And the sopressatta also looks delicious. That size can kill two birds by also being great for sandwiches.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2013, 02:17:35 AM »
Nice job Parallei!  I like the way the colors pop on that margherita.