Author Topic: 2Stone pizza pics  (Read 41356 times)

Offline f.montoya

Re: 2Stone pizza pics
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
Absolutely mouthwatering photos!! I'm hungry.

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »
Grape tomatoes, garlic, asiago, fresh oregano, Thai basil... Orphan caputo ADY dough used on day 6 from fridge. Forgot it was in there.

Clay

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
corked, that looks awesome!  Did you confit the tomatoes or were they put on the pizza raw?

Gotta keep the 2stone love going!  I did a bake last night and I'm making much tastier and better texture pies using 10% starter.  I also am now weighing everything including the proportions of starter which is 100% hydration.  Did six pizzas last night but only snapped a pic of one.
The sausage was spicy Italian from Publican Quality Meats in Chicago and it was really, really good.  http://publicanqualitymeats.com/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:46:04 AM by ringkingpin »
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:17 AM »
That looks great-- I just used my tomatoes raw, mixed with some sliced garlic...

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
corked, can I ask you a couple questions?

What temp do you usually bake at on the front of the bottom stone

what hydration are you using (ish)

yeast or starter?

Thanks!
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline corkd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
My 2stone is the grill setup; I bake anywhere from 700 to 850, measured at the center of the stone.
The front of the stone is usually not that a temp diff frm the center.
I modified the center burner gas opening on my weber so that it kicks out more BTUs..
I use mostly 58-60 hydration; mostly with ADY. I do use starter from time to time, but yeast is much better for leaving dough in the fridge (& forgetting it's there, even) for longer periods.
My starter doughs tear easily & taste too sour after long periods.

The temp on that pie I posted was on the lower side... Just over 700.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
Thanks for posting all your pies. They are beautiful.

TomN

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
Grape tomatoes, garlic, asiago, fresh oregano, Thai basil... Orphan caputo ADY dough used on day 6 from fridge. Forgot it was in there.

Clay
corked, that looks awesome!  Did you confit the tomatoes or were they put on the pizza raw?

Gotta keep the 2stone love going!  I did a bake last night and I'm making much tastier and better texture pies using 10% starter.  I also am now weighing everything including the proportions of starter which is 100% hydration.  Did six pizzas last night but only snapped a pic of one.
The sausage was spicy Italian from Publican Quality Meats in Chicago and it was really, really good.  http://publicanqualitymeats.com/

Two great looking pies there, fellas! Looking forward to my next 2stone bake!

John K

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys!  I'm having a lot of fun playing with small tweaks in my dough.  Here are some pics from lasts nights session:

Brillat-Savarin

Offline Everlast

« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Here's my line up from the other night. Dough is 62.5%HR, 3% salt, 2% Ischia, 48h @ 65F. One thing I recently noticed - using the top of the dough ball from a container as the top of a pizza presents a problem. Though it makes for a nice smooth, well shaped pizza, there are extra sticky spots on the bottom of the dough that stick to the pizza peel regardless of how much flour is used. Thus, I've gone back to using the top of the dough as the bottom of the pizza. It just releases off the peel much easier.

Margherita with Calabrian chili oil and Aleppo pepper
Lemon and olive oil with La Tur, artichoke hearts, fresh rosemary and thyme, lemon zest
Truffle oil, robiola, crimini mushrooms, white mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, truffle salt
Olive oil, fior di latte, smoked pancetta, brussels sprouts, shaved garlic
Mozzarella, pepperoni, red onions, fire-roasted poblano peppers

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »
Very nice uniformity.
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »
Here's my line up from the other night. Dough is 62.5%HR, 3% salt, 2% Ischia, 48h @ 65F. One thing I recently noticed - using the top of the dough ball from a container as the top of a pizza presents a problem. Though it makes for a nice smooth, well shaped pizza, there are extra sticky spots on the bottom of the dough that stick to the pizza peel regardless of how much flour is used. Thus, I've gone back to using the top of the dough as the bottom of the pizza. It just releases off the peel much easier.

Margherita with Calabrian chili oil and Aleppo pepper
Lemon and olive oil with La Tur, artichoke hearts, fresh rosemary and thyme, lemon zest
Truffle oil, robiola, crimini mushrooms, white mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, truffle salt
Olive oil, fior di latte, smoked pancetta, brussels sprouts, shaved garlic
Mozzarella, pepperoni, red onions, fire-roasted poblano peppers

Love the uniformity of the pies! What were your cooking temps and oven management details on those?

John K

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys!  I'm having a lot of fun playing with small tweaks in my dough.  Here are some pics from lasts nights session:

Must have missed this one! Great looking pies there my 2stone compadre!

We made some for the adult trick-or-treaters last night. My WFO is getting jealous.

John K

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
Here's my line up from the other night. Dough is 62.5%HR, 3% salt, 2% Ischia, 48h @ 65F.

Those pizzas are really nice, Everlast. Well done! 

Offline Everlast

« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2013, 04:46:32 PM »
Thanks guys! It was a solid night with no mishaps. I usually get a least one pizza that gets messed up but not this time.

Love the uniformity of the pies! What were your cooking temps and oven management details on those?

John K

They were all baked at around 850 degrees. Cooking time was 90 seconds. In between each pizza, I turn down the flame so it just barely clears the bottom stone. That keeps it consistently around 850. I then turn off the motor, launch the pizza, turn the motor back on, and then turn the flame up all the way until it rolls around the curve and up on to the top stone about an inch or two. If I get leoparding too quick, I may turn down the flame slightly. I've gotten pretty good about visually gauging the flame height versus top doneness.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2013, 08:37:40 AM »
Thanks guys! It was a solid night with no mishaps. I usually get a least one pizza that gets messed up but not this time.

They were all baked at around 850 degrees. Cooking time was 90 seconds. In between each pizza, I turn down the flame so it just barely clears the bottom stone. That keeps it consistently around 850. I then turn off the motor, launch the pizza, turn the motor back on, and then turn the flame up all the way until it rolls around the curve and up on to the top stone about an inch or two. If I get leoparding too quick, I may turn down the flame slightly. I've gotten pretty good about visually gauging the flame height versus top doneness.

Thanks ! I'm just gettting to feel comfortable at 850, but I have to remember to turn it down between bakes.

John K

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
Baked today. 2 Stone grill model.  700 F, 3min. Garlic and Basil white sauce. Cotswold Long Clawson cheese. KASL, 62% hyd, 1.5% EVOO, 2% salt. 61 hrs cold 40F ferm, 4 hrs 50F ferment.
Very nice light crust Good taste both crust and cheese.

Mark

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:20 AM »
Baked today. 2 Stone grill model.  700 F, 3min. Garlic and Basil white sauce. Cotswold Long Clawson cheese. KASL, 62% hyd, 1.5% EVOO, 2% salt. 61 hrs cold 40F ferm, 4 hrs 50F ferment.
Very nice light crust Good taste both crust and cheese.

Mark

Looks and sounds good there, Mark. Surprised that its so light in color with that temp/duration. The cornicione looks great.

John K

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #238 on: November 03, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »
Looks and sounds good there, Mark. Surprised that its so light in color with that temp/duration. The cornicione looks great.

John K

John, the 700F was mid stone just before launch. I reduced the flame as the top seemed to be getting a little darker than the bottom. I am trying really hard to keep the bottom from scorching. I agree it could have used a bit more color. As you know, it is hard to measure temps once the pie hits the stone.
Thanks for the comment.

Mark

Offline parallei

« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2014, 11:11:39 PM »
In the  70F's here today, high of 35F and snow on Tuesday.  So we snuck a few pies in.

pizzapan