Author Topic: Grande Cooking Time and Temperature  (Read 1897 times)

Offline parmesan

• I Love Pizza!
Grande Cooking Time and Temperature
« on: April 11, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »
Hi!

Can someone pease recomend cooking time and temperature for Pizza using Grande Whole Milk Mozzarella?

THANKS a million!

Offline bakerboy

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Grande Cooking Time and Temperature
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:33:18 PM »
Since i never used Grande mozz i can't really say.  I just couldn't justify the price of Grande.  However,  time and temperature as well as the size of your pie are key to melting and not breaking the cheese.  i personally cooked all my pies at 550F for about 6 min./16'' pie.  Thats what worked for me.  If you post your technique and method of cooking i'm sure there are alot of people on this forum who could counsel better than I about Grande.

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »
Right now I'm using the Grande mozzarella/provolone blend.  My oven thermometer says the top of the stone is just over 570 degrees when I put a pizza in.  I'm cooking them for about 6-7 minutes.
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."

Offline bakerboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 09:58:03 AM »
Thats about where i am on my oven at home.  As long as i don't pull my dough too thin my pies come out real nice.  Keep us posted on your results, and which dough recipe your using.  good luck

Offline quidoPizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:41:48 PM »
grande is a very chewy cheese. and very nice. it seems to work best on a thick dough pie. the trick with grande as all commercial pizza cheese  is  the age time. check the manufacture date. it needs to be no less than 30 days old. not more than 60 days about 6 weeks old is best.  also with grande you can't let it burn. it needs to come out fairly white with maybe a few browm pimples. also if you sell slices. grande works well  at sitting on the counter and looking good for an hour or 2.  reheated grande slices or pies seem to hold up very strong as the cheese comes back to life better than most. the biggest proplem i found with any cheese is age. anything less than 30 days old . sucks.   if your paying for grande' demand it at least 30 days old .  you play with it and your will make $$$$$$$$$$$   john