Author Topic: Oven is here - guess this means we're really doing this!  (Read 35767 times)

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
Re: Oven is here - guess this means we're really doing this!
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »
If you want to do a turkey, yeah, you're going to need the raised one  ;)  That was a running joke around here last year.  I have baked some bread in ours, and roasted veggies, and we bought a Tuscan grill for meat but hubby had to cut the legs almost off to get it to fit in ours.  If you want the versatility to do larger things, you will probably need the extra height, but then, I can't speak to cooking Neapolitan pizza in that size.  I can easily put two half-sheets of veggies in to roast, so horizontal room is good, but it's a low ceiling to maneuver under.  I have used a smaller dutch oven but my bigger ones don't fit.  For outdoors, the refractory interior might be fine - for indoors, the brick interior was a must for me.  I'm assuming you read about our floor issues and are ready to address same if needed? 

Offline JoeQueCalo

« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I did read about your floor issues, which was a little discouraging to read about the product. Guess I'll see how it goes.

Offline Reep

« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »
I assume the lower height would not be a problem for fish, steak or bread <6" tall though, right?

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
No, you should be fine at that size. 

pizzapan