Author Topic: WFO Interior Height  (Read 4674 times)

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: WFO Interior Height
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 07:16:14 AM »
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Here is an interesting view of Roberto's oven during a bake. The fire is placed nearly center, and the live flame is small and upright. The pizza is cooked right next to it. I do not know what size oven he has. It may be that the coals are moved throughout the service and the pizza is cooked according to that placement. It also shows that there are as many ways to cook in a NP oven as there are ovens.

John

I think one thing that has not been mentioned is that the dome height is measure in the center of the dome and also the tallest part of an oven.   The ceiling height actually decreases as we approach the sides.   My dome is 14" in the center and is about 12" on the sides.  If I plan on keeping the fire more in the center and bake towards the side wall instead of baking in the center, I'm really baking with a 12" ceiling.  So for my next bake, I'll take out the extra firebricks I added earlier to raise my floor.

Chau

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 08:56:42 AM »
I went to my supplier today to pick up a bag of Caputo & noticed that he had a very nice precast low dome WFO kit sitting on a pallet.  It turns out that a local guy & retired engineer in now making precast Neapolitan style ovens.  I spoke with him last evening & as it turns out he spend some time in Naples visiting different manufactures.  He currently has a single mould for a 42" & is working on another 36'.  He claims to be using high end refractory material for the casting & at first glance it looks extremely well engineered & fits together really nicely.  They are extremely well priced at $2700 which includes ceramic blanket, floor insulation board, SS chimney & cap, SS door & refractory mortar.  I'm not sure of the dome height but he told me that it was in line with the Neapolitan standard.  I think I found my next oven!

Matt

Matt,
do you have any more info on this kit? 
thanks,
bill

Offline Matthew

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
Matt,
do you have any more info on this kit?  
thanks,
bill

Hi Bill,
Please see below.

Each oven is individually made by hand allowing us to ensure that each and every oven is made to our specifications.  Our proprietary castings have been designed and manufactured by us utilizing the latest state of the art refractory materials, and insulation. Each piece is cast into a mold using high density, high alumina content refractory cement and vibrated to ensure a smooth, dense and hard surface. The Oven pieces have been designed so that each piece interlocks with the next. In keeping with some of the best ovens in the world we have designed the flu and arch as a single unit making assembly simple and more efficient for heat retention. Our ovens are capable of reaching temperatures in excess of  425 degrees Celsius (800 degrees Fahrenheit) to meet all your cooking needs.The Ovens are so well insulated that the heat is captured and retained long after the fire is out allowing the oven to be used well into the next day for baking bread or cooking, without building another fire. This not only saves energy but also creates unequalled baked goods and other dishes. Once the oven is warm a small fire will bring the temperature right back to 425 C in very short order

Specs on 42" oven :

Lid                              13lbs
Arch                            130lbs                        
Dome                          5 pieces @ 75lbs =375
Fire-brick floor              214 lbs
Total oven weight          732 lbs

Ceramic blanket carton                                               25  lbs
6 pieces floor insulation                                              56   lbs
Weight of Fire-brick floor (2x12x12)                       214 lbs
Stainless steel Chimney                                              3     lbs
Chimney cap                                                               3     lbs
Refractory  Mortar 2 gals                                            38   lbs
Stainless door                                                              5     lbs

oven opening is 19.5" X 9.5" high. The oven interior dome height is 14.5"

Matt

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
thanks Matt.  do they have a website or do you have contact info?  I'm interested for a project i'm working on.
bill