Author Topic: mobil oven first outing  (Read 1408 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
mobil oven first outing
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »
 i had a small event today 25 people and wanted to show a few pictures of the oven. the oven is a higher dome than i am used to . my bake times were around two minutes. i am glad that the oven cooked a little slow, it gave us time to get use to the set up  we were able to keep pizzas on the table at all times. i started the group with a salad to give me some time to produce the first 8 pizzas. i didn't want to fight with high hydration dough so i ran it at 60%. the make table set up will be much more professional next time out. the group was happy and booked two more dated over the summer.i have to say this is time consuming and private events have to be priced to make it worth your time.

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: mobil oven first outing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:45:43 AM »
Good lookin' pies as always.  Are these caputo pies?  Is this the oven that was built by your friend in Canada that you posted about earlier?

Chau
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:12:09 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
Congrats on your first event.  It looks like a lot of fun!  What kind of oven do you have there?

Scott D.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 05:45:48 AM »
Very nice Larry!

Matt

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »
Fantastic Larry. Are you cooking more than one pie at a time in there?

John

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:26:38 AM »
Very Nice Larry !! Pies oven and set up I like the new GI peel in the background  ;) Most  People dont realize the behind the scenes work that goes into an event. The prep, dough, balling, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. But it sure is fun! Best of Luck
Overall were you happy with the new oven ?
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »
Larry,

Your pies look delicious!  :) Congrats on your first event.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 07:34:32 PM »
 thanks, i was fun and the event only lasted 1.5 hours , business luncheon. we were able to clear out in half of an hour.
 chau, no this is not your dome, i used 4000g caputo 1000 kasl ,12 grams wet yeast 125 grams of salt,and hydration at 60%. i mix for 4 minutes add the salt and mix 4 more minutes. cover rise one hour, ball 9.5 ounces,and refrigerate.
 john, i like the way the oven cooks, it hasn't hit Neapolitan pizza temperature yet. my floor was at 725 deg maximum. it has to be fed wood at all times to keep it up to temperature.thanks for the great price on the tools. i am sold on the round peels and i think i like the larger turning peel to. our next use will be Sunday Oberlin college graduation weekend.that should be interesting.
 scott, my oven was built by a man from Canada his name is frank sabelli this is what he does for his hobby. he built it then delivered it to me here in Ohio. he also helped fasten it to my roller bed. the oven pulls away from the truck .
  norma, you are famous now that slice covered you, your pizza has to be some of the best market pizza i have ever seen!!! our local market buys frozen crusts and canned sauce pretty sick!!! thanks for the compliment. encolse is a front shot of the oven.the stack is removable the oven locks and you drive away.

pizzapan