Author Topic: Questing for the perfect Pizza!  (Read 311 times)

Offline WRXFanatic

Questing for the perfect Pizza!
« on: May 27, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »
Hi folks. Well, I love pizza and I love cooking so a few years ago I decided it would be convenient to be able to make good pizza at home. I started off easy buying commercially available (terrible) dough mixes, you know the ones that come in a bag or box and you simply add warm water and try to roll out the sticky mess on a pan. :P This approach made an ok BBQ Chicken pizza (chicken, bbq sauce, smoked gouda, red onions and cilantro) but I never got the results I was looking for making a simple pepperoni or cheese pizza.

So, after the boxes and bags, I moved on to buying pre-made dough from Trader Joes which was decent but still lacked the flavor profile I was looking for. At this point I started searching for dough recipes and was surprised how "simple" it was to make your own dough. So off I went making different dough recipes I could find easily online (allrecipes dot com and such). Sadly, while actually making the dough was simple enough, getting the results I was looking for was not so easy. My crusts often came out too thick and lacked the flavor I was looking for. At this point I had also experimented using a pizza stone.

Now it was time to get down to business and so I started searching for Round Table recipes. It was the pizza I liked most so I figured I should try to figure out how to make something with that flavor profile. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I didn't even know what about it I liked, I just knew it tasted good (I have a pretty great palate for tasting ingredients but I guess I never really got curious about why RT pizza dough tasted so good, I just ate it haha).

Enter the pizzamaking forum! After I found some threads here, namely DNA Dan's "Malty Laminated Beer Pizza", I knew I was headed in the right direction. I've recently made my first attempt at the recipe provided by DNA Dan and I have to say, it's the best pizza I've made to date but there is still lots of room for improvement.

So that's my story. I created an account to interact and get some advice on completing the "last mile" to get the pizza I'm after. I tend to strive for perfection and most things I endeavor and making the perfect pizza is no exception! Thanks for reading.

pizzapan