Author Topic: Hello from North Carolina  (Read 410 times)

Offline JMSetzler

Hello from North Carolina
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
Greetings from Hickory, North Carolina...

My name is John and I'm a 43-year-old x-ray technician and photographer.  I enjoy homebrewing and grilling/smoking as hobbies and I have just recently discovered the goodness of pizza on the grill.  Yesterday I made my first grilled pizza on the Weber kettle with dough I made in the bread machine.  I just made a simple pepperoni and cheese pizza to make the learning process a little easier.  Today, I'm making another pepperoni and cheese pizza but I am adding a pizza stone to the cooking process and I'm also modifying my dough recipe at the same time.  During the last month or so, I have become a poster boy for Weber products it seems.  I have purchased a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker, a One-Touch Gold charcoal kettle grill and a Smokey Joe portable charcoal grill.  I have been cooking on gas all these years and I really enjoy the charcoal cooked flavor of the food a lot better, and that will hopefully help me make great pizzas as well...

Offline loanshark

Re: Hello from North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »
Hi John,  You sound alot like me.  I've got a WSM,  One Touch Gold, and a Weber Spirit.  I  have been smoking mainly ribs and pork butts; but started grilling pizza a few months ago and love it.   If you haven't been to the Virtual Weber Bulletin Board  http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums;  you should check it out.  Lots of good stuff on there too.  Not much about Pizza though.

Jim

Stanley, NC

pizzapan