Author Topic: Vodka Sauce  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Camaro10

• I Love Pizza!
Vodka Sauce
« on: May 17, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »
Want to try to make a vodka pizza. Anybody know of any decent vodka cause recipes?

Online TXCraig1

Re: Vodka Sauce
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »
Funny you should ask. Kenji posted an article on it at Slice today: http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/05/the-pizza-lab-vodka-pizza.html?ref=title
Pizza is not bread.

Offline philb177

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:13:20 PM »
I make Neapolitan pies and I use the penne with vodka food network recipe..but with more parm and less vodka than the recipe requires...I also let it simmer for prob 20 min before I put in the cream

Offline Auralnauts

• What's a pizza anyway?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
Howdy. I like to make pink sauce instead of vodka sauce simply because I believe it tastes better and it's a faster way of cooking it. This recipe requires cooked marinara sauce, which doesn't need to be complicated, whole cream, butter, grated parmesan, and basil. Now, when making the pie, I use penne since it actually makes a very delicious addition to the pizza, but the penne and pink sauce does not go on top of the cheese for obvious reasons. So we make the sauce by adding marinara to a saute pan on low heat. Then we add a cube of butter and plenty of grated parm cheese, then a bit of basil for good flavoring. And now you add the whole cream, a bit less than half. Stir and cook til the consistency of the sauce is what you want. Cook the penne, add it in the sauce, and bam. Delicious penne in pink sauce perfect for pizza. I make this pizza differently from the restaurant where I work does. I stretch the dough, cook it a little bit to get the crust up, and then take the dough out and add the penne and pink sauce. Then I use freshly sliced mozzarella  and I layer it on top.

Dough, stretch, sauce, cheese; check.