Author Topic: New Line of Premium Quality Canned Tomatoes  (Read 1382 times)

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
New Line of Premium Quality Canned Tomatoes
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »
Per Peter Reinhart's blog at Pizzaquest, Rob DiNapoli of DiNapoli Tomatoes, and Chris Bianco of Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, will team up to bring out a new line of premium quality canned tomatoes. These will be domestic, not imported.  According to Peter you can really taste the difference with these new tomatoes. He says they right up there with the best quality San Marzanos.  Unfortunately they will only be available to "the trade". But knowing how resourceful (and obsessive) people on this board are, I am pretty sure we will find a way to try these new tomatoes. So that's something to look forward to.     

Peter's post also talks about some new pizza flours available from Guisto's, and there is a very tempting recipe for steak cooked in a WFO. Since I don't have one I guess I can only dream, but those of you with WFO's should probably take note of the recipe. Basically you heat up a cast iron pan until it just about melts and throw a steak on it. But there are subtle details I am missing here. Read for yourself:

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/peters-blog/44-peters-blog/214-peters-blog-may-31st.html 

Offline PizzaEater101

Re: New Line of Premium Quality Canned Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »
Per Peter Reinhart's blog at Pizzaquest, Rob DiNapoli of DiNapoli Tomatoes, and Chris Bianco of Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, will team up to bring out a new line of premium quality canned tomatoes. These will be domestic, not imported.  According to Peter you can really taste the difference with these new tomatoes. He says they right up there with the best quality San Marzanos.  Unfortunately they will only be available to "the trade". But knowing how resourceful (and obsessive) people on this board are, I am pretty sure we will find a way to try these new tomatoes. So that's something to look forward to.     

Peter's post also talks about some new pizza flours available from Guisto's, and there is a very tempting recipe for steak cooked in a WFO. Since I don't have one I guess I can only dream, but those of you with WFO's should probably take note of the recipe. Basically you heat up a cast iron pan until it just about melts and throw a steak on it. But there are subtle details I am missing here. Read for yourself:

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/peters-blog/44-peters-blog/214-peters-blog-may-31st.html

Are these the ones available at Trader Joe's?

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
Are these the ones available at Trader Joe's?

I very much doubt it. These tomatoes are meant to be a "high end" product so I don't think they would be sold through TJ's. 

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I thought not too but the label is similar but the name different so was wondering if they struck a deal with TJ to sell them under the TJ name. Thanks.

Offline TomN

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20:41 AM »
Are these the tomatoes your talking about (Rob DiNapoli of DiNapoli Tomatoes), on the shelf in the photo?

TomN

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,22498.msg249887.html#msg249887

pizzapan