Author Topic: Vera Pizza Napoletana training in LA  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Quercus

Vera Pizza Napoletana training in LA
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
I am very intrigued by the sound of the training program AVPN runs in Marina Del Rey. Has anyone here taken this course? Was it worth the considerable price (2.2 G's)? I would love to spend six solid days learning the intricacies of the craft, but have thought about apprenticing at a local neapolitan-style pizzeria instead (for free). How many hours a day is the course? Are the pizzaiolos there really experts, and are they good teachers?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Vera Pizza Napoletana training in LA
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
Before you pay the money I HIGHLY suggest going there to try the pizza first.   

Offline dzpiez

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
I took the 6 day course about 4 years ago.  Was fun and learned alot, from working the oven on a busy night to making dough and fior di latte.  They take great care of you there, and you'll end up gaining a good 20 lbs. by your last day.  But Scott is right, you might want to go down there have a few pies and talk to Peppe and Jose and see if it's what you really want to do.

Offline othafa9

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:32 PM »
Instead of Antica, look into the training at Settebello in Las Vegas here:  http://www.cdpizzanapoletana.com/#Homepage  I can vouch for Carmine's expertise, as I worked by his side for 4 years.  Good luck!
-Rob

Offline scottserena

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »
The class does look good. But I have had the pizza there and it was a watery mess!

I went there because I was thinking about taking the class. Once I had the pizza I chAnged my mind about taking the class