Author Topic: Rocky Roccocco--anyone remember?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Rocky Roccocco--anyone remember?
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:31:08 AM »
We had one here in Chicago for only 3 or 4 years. This is a tough town for chain pizzas. I remember it being very good. I used to get their slices all the time. I know they are around still, in certain areas. Does anyone have one near them? Has it changed since the 80's?(Like everyone else has...)

Offline IlliniPizza

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Rocky Roccocco--anyone remember?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 05:02:49 PM »
Hi,

I was at a Rocky Roccocco's a few weeks ago.  They are starting to make a comeback.  They have changed alot.  Now they specialize in combo meals, I'm sure you can get a full pizza, but they specialize in pizza by the slice.  You walk in, and its overly bright and colorful, almost like a subway or quizno's.  No pizzeria ambience.  Its been about 15 years since the one I was close to went out of business so I am not real sure if the pizza is the same or not.  Pan like in appearance, very greasy, and their breadsticks is very "crazy bread" like in taste. 

I don't know where you live in Chicago, but the one I went to was in the suburb of Algonquin, on Randall Road off of I-90.

If you check the web, you can probably find one a little closer to Chicago.

Its funny how franchises expand and contract.  All the domino's pizza's & little caesars went out of business about 10 years ago in my area.  Now 3 domino's & 2 little caesars just popped back up within the last year, with a new look & new menu. 

Offline IlliniPizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 05:08:59 PM »
I just checked the web, their are about 15 rocky's in Wisconsin, but only 1 in Illinois, its technically in Carpentersville on the outskirts of Algonquin.

If you go, its really small and sits by itself in front of a menards or home depot if I remember correctly.

Here's their site & Locations

[http://www.rockyrococo.com/locations/index.htm

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 01:40:34 PM »
About the chains:
Yeah, Domino's disappeared in Chicago a few years ago. Now, they are opening up again. I think three by Midway airport alone. Although, I can see why they went down---you just can't beat a Chicago pizza.
Years ago, when I went to Champaign, the Domino's was actually pretty good. Now, the sauce is different, and the cooking method is on of those quick convection/electric ovens, which somehow changes everything.