Author Topic: Trin's First New York Style Pizza  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Trin's First New York Style Pizza
« on: May 27, 2005, 09:33:25 AM »
Well I made my first NY style.

I used a .59 cent pack of kroger crust mix.

.99 cent (on sale) kroger pizza cheese (mozz,prov,rom) 8 oz.

A litte garlic butter on crust (before baking) "I noticed the taste from that Bambinos pizza's I pick up from time to time"

And a few TBS tomato sauce

The result, Some of the best pie I've made to date. ;D
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 09:34:19 AM »
Second pic;
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
and the 3rd picture! ;D

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 09:52:02 AM »
That was the first pizza I have ever made by pressing/stretching the dough in flour.

I don't have a peel, so I did a little reshaping of the crust after I tossed it on the pan. :)

Next time I will try more water in the mix. I made it very stiff for my first try.

The crust had a far better taste and crunch VS spreading the dough out on a greasy pan!!! ;D

I have moved up a notch! :)

Edit:

The well seasoned pizza pan works very well. (has been in the family since the 60's)
When I use my new spotless aluminum pan it is real hard to get crust browned,,, At least with all the oiled pan pizza style's I have made.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 10:00:22 AM by Trinity »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Trin's First New York Style Pizza
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:30:32 AM »
Trin,

I spend countless hours and $$$ to make my pizzas and you do it for under two bucks and in far less time, I'm sure ;D.

But I must say the pizza sure looks tasty.

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 12:23:47 PM »
Trin,

I spend countless hours and $$$ to make my pizzas and you do it for under two bucks and in far less time, I'm sure ;D.

But I must say the pizza sure looks tasty.

Peter

Thanks! ::)

I did a full double rise on the dough... lol ,,, It took longer then ever... 5 hours. :)

Like I said the crust was a vast improvement.

Thanks to what I have learned on PMC!!! ;D

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 09:01:22 AM »
Trin,
Welcome to the club of making hand tossed pie. It will only get better from here. Your initial effort produced a veteran result.

Thanks for sharing.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything Youd Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 09:59:15 AM »
Latest pie! :)

Same method. :)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 03:05:17 PM »
No comment.... :-[

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 03:18:06 PM »
OK, ;D

A couple more shots of it. :)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 03:22:25 PM »
And before tossing into the 500 deg oven for 7 minutes. :)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 03:28:08 PM »
Trin,

Can you tell me, or, better yet, show a photo of the box of pizza mix you used and where you found it in your Kroger's store? I looked all over two Kroger's stores near me and I couldn't find anything that seemed to be the product you are using, and at the price you previously mentioned. 

Can you also tell me the ingredients listed on the box?

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 03:30:39 PM »
This time I omitted the garlic butter on crust. And I sorely missed it.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »
Trin,

Can you tell me, or, better yet, show a photo of the box of pizza mix you used and where you found it in your Kroger's store? I looked all over two Kroger's stores near me and I couldn't find anything that seemed to be the product you are using, and at the price you previously mentioned.

Can you also tell me the ingredients listed on the box?

Peter

::)

Hi Peter,

The Kroger crust mix comes in a little paper pouch for about .59 cent's. Another good crust mix comes in the same type package and it's brand name is Martha White pizza crust mix.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 03:49:40 PM »
I used my last pouch on this pie. But I will get more and share the ingredients with you. :)

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 04:54:08 PM »
"and where you found it in your Kroger's store?"

God only knows how anal Kroger's is about product placement in their store's. And they rearrange mine at least every year or two... >:(

But in the one I go to it's right by the canned pizza sauce.

Offline Ronzo

• Supporting Member
  • Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 04:59:44 PM »
So that 'cheap-o' packaged crust mix actually produced an edible pie? ;D

You said it came out great, right, Trin?

I might have to try some packaged mix out...

Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 05:19:26 PM »
It does,,, But you have to disregard their instructions and use the NY Style method. ;)

Offline Ronzo

• Supporting Member
  • Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 05:21:49 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me. :D
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew