Author Topic: Hi from Northern NJ  (Read 408 times)

Offline quoo

Hi from Northern NJ
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
Hi! I'm Sarah - I've just been given a BGE as a gift and I'm looking to learn to make really delicious pizza on it (also i've inexplicably had problems finding a good pizza place in our town). I haven't made pizza since I was a kid so here's hoping it turns out okay:)

I particularly like what I think is called naples style pizza and also the pizzas i've had in the Languedoc-Roussillon region in France.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Hi from Northern NJ
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Sarah,
Welcome I am in Bergen County NJ and would be glad to help you out. I prefer the Neapolitan style also. I have a few recommendations for the area as well

John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline quoo

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:40:31 PM »
Thanks! I am also from bergen county. It sounds like you are much less of a novice than I, but do you ever buy your own pizza dough? I've heard that both fairway & trader joes sell dough, but I'm not sure if they're worth using or not.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
Sarah,
I am still a novice in comparison to others who hang out here   ;D, however, I have not bought dough in a very long time.  Its very easy to make and sooo much better.  With the exception of curiousity and to have for emergency I did recently buy a case of Lasurdo frozen dough  from resturant depot that worked out fine in a pinch. What you buy in the store is NY style dough and not what you are trying to create, and not the best for what your new BGE is capable of.  In Ramsey at steves market they sell a very good pre made dough, not frozen, if you are near there give it a try. Also shoprite sells a 2 pack of "House of Pasta" in the frozen section. Years agao I started with that dough its quite good as well. To make really delicious pizza you are after you need to get a few basic tools and ingredients and try making the dough. I would  start with a basic recipe of which there are 100's of here on the forum. and just ask questions you will be suprises by the wealth of information and knowledge  here thats for sure!
 Have fun!
John
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:05:40 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan