Author Topic: Oh what, a pizza?!!  (Read 5052 times)

Offline 007bond-jb

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza & Beer
Oh what, a pizza?!!
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:33:29 AM »
Here's last nights sicilian. It was fantastic

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Re: Oh what, a pizza?!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 08:41:25 AM »
Bond.

James Bond.

Pie looks great. I have always been fascinated by Sicilian thickness type pies since my grandfather preferred them to the thin ones (my preference). Did you bake the crust for a while before putting on the toppings? I always seem to undercook the crust relative to the toppings and my crust turns out gummy.

From the photgraphs you seem to have conquered that concern somehow. Care to share?
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline 007bond-jb

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza & Beer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 11:13:14 AM »
I did not pre bake the crust. My oven was @ 700deg for 1 hour I then lowered it to 500 & set the food service type bakers sheet on my 2 stones stacked on top each other for about 1 beer or 10 min's. I use the thin & crispy dough recipy from this site but I use 1/4 cup olive oil & 4 cups flour. I also add fresh oregano & garlic powder to the dough cause I like it.  I also baked a 14 incher 1st but it got ate befor i could photo it.    Bond

Offline pizzapower

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 08:27:18 PM »
can't blame you, nothin washes down a tall beer like a sicilian!

PizzaPower

Offline Irish Jimmy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:16:16 PM »
Great looking pizza. How did you get your oven pre heated to 700? Did you turn on the broiler? Mine only goes up to 550. Your pizza looks like the Sicillian pizza I used to get back in Philly.

Offline 007bond-jb

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza & Beer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 09:33:55 AM »
Great looking pizza. How did you get your oven pre heated to 700? Did you turn on the broiler? Mine only goes up to 550. Your pizza looks like the Sicillian pizza I used to get back in Philly.

Sorry it took so long to reply Jimmy,.  Its an old GE no self clean mechanical style, by turning its themostat wide open past the  broil marking (in bake mode) it will cycle @ 749 deg F. No modifications have been done to  this  oven

pizzapan