Author Topic: Measurements for various isze NY Style  (Read 1246 times)

Offline tjacks88

• I Love Pizza!
Measurements for various isze NY Style
« on: May 28, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »
Is there a way someone can post the various ingredient measurements for real NY Style pizzas for 16", 14', and 12" pies?.

The posts have gotten so long that it is hard to weed through them all. It would be great if there was a folder to post final ingredients after experimentation is done, maybe with pictures and a description of the outcome.

Thanks!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Measurements for various isze NY Style
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 11:02:53 PM »
tjacks,

What you are asking for is doable but it may take a lot of work. Even for the NY style--which is the most popular of the pizza styles covered at this forum (based on page views and numbers of posts)--there are several versions, including, for example, Steve's at the front page of the forum, fellow member Canadave's version, fellow member pftaylor's Raquel recipe, and the many forms of the Lehmann NY style. These are just a few examples, and there are many others that have been posted by other members of the forum. Some of the recipes are quite straightforward, but others are more involved--using preferments, autolyse, room temperature fermentation, extremely high bake temperatures, etc. In due course, some of the most proven recipes will find their way into the Recipes section of the front page of the forum, but since space is at a premium in that section so you will usually only find a single-pizza size for the home pizza maker.

I pretty much know my personal favorites, and am willing to reveal them, but that doesn't mean that others will agree with my taste. Pizza is such a personal and subjective matter. As I indicated in another thread, I should be able to provide you with Lehmann dough recipes for the three sizes that interest you. We have the baker's percents for the basic Lehmann dough recipe so if you can handle baker's percents you will be able to make any size pizza you'd like.  We don't have baker's percents for all the NY style dough recipes.

What might be helpful at some point is to have members list their favorite recipes, perhaps by providing links to the applicable threads and specifying the Reply numbers for the favorites. Even that may take a bit of work since many of us have made so many pizzas that even we have a hard time remembering them all.

Peter
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 05:20:28 PM by Pete-zza »

pizzapan