Author Topic: A sobering look at today's commecial pizza business...  (Read 5709 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: A sobering look at today's commecial pizza business...
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »
And the idea that in order for a pizzeria to be great, the owner has to be Italian, is preposterous. 30 years ago, maybe, but not today.  I know plenty of Italian Americans that don't know the first thing about making great pizza and I know plenty of non Italian Americans that know everything and apply this knowledge masterfully.  If you were down in Tampa and walked by Wood Fired Pizza, owned by Peter Taylor, without going in, you'd be seriously missing out.

scott123,

As it so happens, Peter Taylor's grandmother was Italian ;D. He even wrote about her in the Raquel thread, as follows:

I started out making pizza at home by following my Italian Grandmother Quagliariello’s recipe. It was all I knew about making pizza in the home. She was from the Province of Avellino which is in the Campania region. As such, no one and I mean no one, questioned why she did what she did. She just did it. We were all grateful because the pizza was delicious. I was lucky to get her to share her recipe with me before she died because it wasn’t written down. The recipe is still on this forum somewhere.

Peter

Offline scott123

Re: A sobering look at today's commecial pizza business...
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »
Nice detective work, Peter  ;D

Okay, in my previous post, replace 'Wood Fired Pizza', 'Tampa' and 'Peter Taylor,' with 'Cesari,' 'Nagoya' and 'Akinari "Pasquale" Makishima.'  :)

pizzapan