Author Topic: Craig's Neapolitan Garage  (Read 181472 times)

Offline Sirius

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #1660 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:54 PM »
I there Bufala Mozzarella made in the USA?

I just found some Bufala on Sale here in Germany 1,50€(2$)-125g

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1661 on: July 11, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »
I think I remember reading about a farm on the west coast making some. In Oregon I think.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1662 on: July 11, 2014, 07:45:52 PM »
Craig,

There used to be a cheese producer in California by the name of Bubulus Bubalis that made a domestic buffalo mozzarella cheese. And there was another domestic producer of buffalo mozzarella cheese by the name of Star Hill Dairy in Vermont. They survived for a while but eventually left that market. Paula Lambert, of the well known Mozzarella Cheese Company in Dallas, also gave buffalo mozzarella cheese a try but as reported in Reply 7 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=445.msg4281;topicseen#msg4281 , she dropped out of that market also. I am not aware of any domestic producers of buffalo mozzarella in the U.S. today. If there were, I think our members would have found them.

Peter

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1663 on: July 11, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »
Craig,

There used to be a cheese producer in California by the name of Bubulus Bubalis that made a domestic buffalo mozzarella cheese. And there was another domestic producer of buffalo mozzarella cheese by the name of Star Hill Dairy in Vermont. They survived for a while but eventually left that market. Paula Lambert, of the well known Mozzarella Cheese Company in Dallas, also gave buffalo mozzarella cheese a try but as reported in Reply 7 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=445.msg4281;topicseen#msg4281 , she dropped out of that market also. I am not aware of any domestic producers of buffalo mozzarella in the U.S. today. If there were, I think our members would have found it.

Peter

There is a guy in california still trying to do it. He has the buffalo from Italy the people from Italy ..but just can't duplicate the taste yet. Anthony from UPN tried it and liked it but it is just not there yet. They can't figure it out yet.  There another that is imported to US from Colombia and i am going to try next week. The awesome thing about this one is that they are free range roaming and only grass fed buffalo..  Im mainly Paleo myself and i cannot tell you the difference in grass fed beef and grain fed beef... Its night and day so i am looking forward to try in next weeks bake. 

http://www.annabellacheese.com

Thx C.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1664 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:08 PM »
There is a guy in california still trying to do it. He has the buffalo from Italy the people from Italy ..but just can't duplicate the taste yet.

C,

You are right. I forgot about that guy in California. He was written up a couple of years ago in the New York Times, at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/magazine/buffalo-mozzarella-craig-ramini.html?pagewanted=all .

Peter

Offline pacdunes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1665 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:27 PM »
I think it's $11.00 bucks at Cosco. Im actually going now to get some so i will post the date and price when i get home. Last time i had was frecking awesome... :drool:

It's $12.99... It's worth every penny... ;D
I picked up 2 tubs today for my weekend pizza!  Should i drop these on top of paper towels to drain? and get to room temp?

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1666 on: July 23, 2014, 09:30:20 PM »
I picked up 2 tubs today for my weekend pizza!  Should i drop these on top of paper towels to drain? and get to room temp?

I'd cut them in half and drain on paper towels for a couple hours or more if needed. You don't want them sloppy wet, but you don't want them bone dry and shriveled up either. Drain in the fridge. You don't want them to be room temp.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline pacdunes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1667 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »
I'd cut them in half and drain on paper towels for a couple hours or more if needed. You don't want them sloppy wet, but you don't want them bone dry and shriveled up either. Drain in the fridge. You don't want them to be room temp.
thanks Master!

Offline skipreid45

• It's always Pizza Night
« Reply #1668 on: August 05, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
This may be the greatest thread on the entire internet. I'm learning so much, and it's free!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1669 on: August 05, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »
This may be the greatest thread on the entire internet. I'm learning so much, and it's free!

Thank you. Detail on my formula and workflow are here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=20479.0. One minor difference is that I've been around 1.9% culture lately.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1670 on: August 05, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »

I think he takes Paypal..... ;D

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1671 on: August 05, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »
I think he takes Paypal..... ;D

Only if you need help in person.  ;D
Pizza is not bread.

Online trixaddict

« Reply #1672 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:16 AM »
Wow! What an inspiration. I am only up to page 55 of the thread but I had to stop, register, post, just so I can pass along my compliments and thanks. Just read the Slice article, a wonderful write up. I can see that was a couple of years ago but I must mention the Margherita Mosaic is one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen.
Slice of life
Tim

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1673 on: August 12, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »
Wow! What an inspiration. I am only up to page 55 of the thread but I had to stop, register, post, just so I can pass along my compliments and thanks. Just read the Slice article, a wonderful write up. I can see that was a couple of years ago but I must mention the Margherita Mosaic is one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen.

Thank you for the kind words.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1674 on: August 12, 2014, 07:20:13 AM »
I like your new Avatar....   ;D

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1675 on: August 12, 2014, 08:33:27 AM »

I like yours better.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1676 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:38 AM »

I don't. It's a shame I have to use it.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1677 on: August 12, 2014, 02:32:13 PM »

why can't you use your other one? i thought it was your trademark or something as it looked professionally done... But i do like the see no evil..hear no evil...   :-D I'm waiting for caputo to tell me i can't use mine... well ...the one i stole ;D

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1678 on: August 12, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »

Have to use it?  Why?
When you and Scott123 changed them at about the same time to similar themes "Hear, See, Speak no evil"  I expected to see a Sgt. Schultz Avatar on Pete-zza or Norma!  What gives?  Did Tampa put you up to it?
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #1679 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:42 PM »
We will hope for the speedy return of that little wine-swilling, pizza-making armadillo avatar in due course. 

pizzapan