Author Topic: Craig's Neapolitan Garage  (Read 187303 times)

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
Re: Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #1260 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Yes, but hands on practice, plus the ability to ask questions while practicing  is always the best way to learn....... at least for me anyway.....

OK Craig, I won't bring this up again, but really reconsider it......
Paolo

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1261 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
I would probably need to go to the student to work with their equipment and oven, right?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Mangia Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1262 on: February 24, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Or you can have week-end classes in TX, where you are in your environment and are most comfortable in...... I am just throwing that out there.....
Paolo

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1263 on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »
Giving lessons does not pay very much...http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/the-rise-and-fall-of-a-pizza-making-class/

Now, Craig could possibly make a nice little side business(time permitting) out of personal consulting with shop owners and wealthy home enthusiasts/ folks considering an NP restaurant. His credentials are well rounded and solid.

But look out $$ if he did put his mind to opening his own full service restaurant. Lot of work though....
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #1264 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:51 PM »
Hey Craig

When I first bought my WFO I went to Napa and did a weekend with Andrea Mugniani.  I took my wife so it was more of a cooking "vacation" but I got to work the oven a bit and met some nice folks ( oh and lots of wine) 

We paid some pretty good cash ( check out her rates on her website).  I would have no hesitation paying some more good cash to learn all that I could from someone like you.  Heck I bet you could fill every weekend you wanted full of people just from this forum alone.  If anything, it would certainly pay for your pizza habit and who knows what would turn up... Getting a bunch of pizza geeks around an Acunto with some good wine... sounds like a party to me.  I'll be the first to sign up!

Scot 

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1265 on: February 28, 2013, 07:53:35 AM »
Hey Craig

When I first bought my WFO I went to Napa and did a weekend with Andrea Mugniani.  I took my wife so it was more of a cooking "vacation" but I got to work the oven a bit and met some nice folks ( oh and lots of wine) 

We paid some pretty good cash ( check out her rates on her website).  I would have no hesitation paying some more good cash to learn all that I could from someone like you.  Heck I bet you could fill every weekend you wanted full of people just from this forum alone.  If anything, it would certainly pay for your pizza habit and who knows what would turn up... Getting a bunch of pizza geeks around an Acunto with some good wine... sounds like a party to me.  I'll be the first to sign up!

Scot 

I'll think about it. Thanks!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #1266 on: February 28, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »
Giving lessons does not pay very much...http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/the-rise-and-fall-of-a-pizza-making-class/

Now, Craig could possibly make a nice little side business(time permitting) out of personal consulting with shop owners and wealthy home enthusiasts/ folks considering an NP restaurant. His credentials are well rounded and solid.

But look out $$ if he did put his mind to opening his own full service restaurant. Lot of work though....

That is a very interesting read, Bob! Makes you wonder about all the "unseen forces" that are pushing people one way or another without them even knowing it!

Now, looking at that one pic, I'm not sure any of those goofballs would know what to make of a WFO or NP pies, let alone an Acunto oven! ;D I think Craig's clientele would be more focused, and definitely less dependent on his ranking on TRIP ADVISOR!!! :-D

John K
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline csafranek

« Reply #1267 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
I would love to come down there sometime and learn from the master! Maybe make a little trip around the OU vs Texas football game? Craig do you have any hook up with tickets? Maybe come down on a Thursday and cook Friday then head off to the game on Saturday? I'm in!

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1268 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
Roberto's School at Keste is a 10 day program. Its $4500.

While I am sure it is well worth the money, I just can't afford the 10 days off at this point in my life!

I've heard that Craig's school is only 4 days, and we get to stay in yurts in the back yard. That sounds more doable! :P

John K

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1269 on: February 28, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
I would love to come down there sometime and learn from the master! Maybe make a little trip around the OU vs Texas football game? Craig do you have any hook up with tickets? Maybe come down on a Thursday and cook Friday then head off to the game on Saturday? I'm in!

The Red River Rivalry is played in Dallas, so it's 4 hours or so away. Sorry, I can't help with Tickets. Now if you want to see Rice get beat by somebody...  ;D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1270 on: February 28, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
Roberto's School at Keste is a 10 day program. Its $4500.

While I am sure it is well worth the money, I just can't afford the 10 days off at this point in my life!

I've heard that Craig's school is only 4 days, and we get to stay in yurts in the back yard. That sounds more doable! :P

John K

Actually we set up cots in the garage.  :-D

I'm not sure my reputation is quite at par with Roberto's just yet... We do study some subjects that he does not cover however such as the effects of consuming adult beverages on pizza making. We also take an in-depth look at paring wine, beer, bourbon, tequila, etc. with pizza. In the evening, we recap the day's lessons around the fire pit with cigars and rum.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1271 on: February 28, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »

adult beverages pizza making.  wine, beer, bourbon, tequila, pizza.  fire pit  cigars rum. :drool:

Craig,

Feel free to use the above condensed version of your syllabus in your marketing material. I think it really hammers home the essentials, and weeds out any potential fun haters.

John K

PS I sent the deposit check today...

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1272 on: February 28, 2013, 11:38:40 AM »
Fun haters are not welcome.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #1273 on: March 07, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »
Craig,
I sent you an email off list.  Not sure how your email works but it will be from huntinggod2000@yahoo.com

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1274 on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
I got it.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1275 on: April 08, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
Back in business with Caputo and feeling very happy. Yesterday's bake (61.5%, 2.8% salt, 1.8% Ischia, 48 hours at 62F, 55 seconds):
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1276 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »
More:
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1277 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
Here one I posted at Slice, but I don't think it ever got posted here - "cheeky basil"

Smoked pork jowl, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and fresh basil.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline pete zappie

« Reply #1278 on: April 08, 2013, 10:00:05 PM »
 nice fireworks  :drool:

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1279 on: April 08, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
Oh, oh, oh....back, without missing a beat!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"