Author Topic: Switching it up...UPN STYLE!  (Read 1992 times)

Offline wucactus1

Re: Switching it up...UPN STYLE!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »
The second pie(margherita) was extremely gummy as I couldnt stretch it out and get it thin, so It was more like an 8" foccacia bread with sauce...gross, so gummy!
Here are some crumb shots and how I like my underskirt and how my GF likes her's

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
Go ahead with 65%. Maybe someone else should chime in to confirm, but if your bake is 2 minutes then it might be more appropriate. It might also better match with addition of HG flour you are using. Let us know how it turns out, and glad to help anytime if I can.

John

Offline wucactus1

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 09:29:21 AM »
I didnt see in pure and simple where anthony does that mixing technique before he bulk rises.  I saw him pushing/rolling the dough around before he began to divide and ball the dough.  Is this what you meant?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »
I didnt see in pure and simple where anthony does that mixing technique before he bulk rises.  I saw him pushing/rolling the dough around before he began to divide and ball the dough.  Is this what you meant?

That is exactly the sequence I am referring to, he just does it slightly differently from the french method. The outcome is the same though - you are hand kneading. Whether it is done with a smaller amount of dough with rests in between, or for a longer period if time with a huge mass, the idea is that you are developing gluten by hand. I prefer the slap, fold, rest sequence because it requires a minimal amount of work to get the gluten where I want it to be before bulk. But there are many, many different ways to get there - see what you like best.

John

Offline wucactus1

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
All this really makes me want to make pizza , not really to eat but experiment!  I promised the girlfriend that I would take two weeks away from pizza and the last time I said that I broke in a week...I really want to experiment, but I think im going to hold strong and try at least 1.5 weeks off, come back refreshed and renewed, with new tactics.  I will be making some tartine bread dough either tonight or tomorrow so bread is still permitted!

pizzapan