Author Topic: 2Stone + BGE?  (Read 951 times)

Offline riggert

2Stone + BGE?
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
Has anyone tried this combination and care to share some tips?  I've had my 2Stone for a couple of years and use it on my gas grill with excellent results but I would like to try it on my BGE.  Throw in some wood chunks and I imagine it could be a match made in heaven but it is the ideal setup that I'm wondering about.  I won't be able to close the BGE but I'm guessing that won't matter too much since I rarely close the BBQ lid when using the 2Stone.  I'm thinking I should probably use the platesetter under the 2Stone vs just placing it on the grill but not sure if that's important.

Regardless, I will be testing this configuration out most likely on the weekend and so will share anything I find

rg

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
Re: 2Stone + BGE?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »
I am a newbie and do not know the answer to your question however, I am considering purchasing the 2Stone.  Glad to hear you like it using your propane grill.  Do you have a picture of your current set up you might post?
Regina

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Offline riggert

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:58 PM »
Hi, I don't have a picture but it looks the same way as you would see on their site.  The 2Stone sits in the middle of the grill and I purchased the metal plates for the Genesis grill that basically cover the open parts of the grill forcing the heat through the 2Stone.  It works brilliantly, I'm really surprised that the 2Stone didn't become a household name in the pizza world because it really works.  

rg

Offline jsperk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
Here is what I use. I love this. High quality grate. Makes all two tier cooking easy.
http://shop.ceramicgrillworks.com/Large-2-Tier-Adjustable-Swing-Rack-System-L-Round-cgwrack.htm
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:01:47 PM by jsperk »

pizzapan