Author Topic: Mixer Question need avice  (Read 822 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Mixer Question need avice
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
After much research a few weeks worth!  I found a Killer deal on a  30 Quart Planetary Mixer (hobart copy) My average party I would say is around 50 -60 dough balls at 260G which equates to about 17 lbs of flour and 10.5 lbs of water
So my  questions are - does anyone have experience with neapolitan dough in a hobart with spiral dough hook? I know I have seen the recent videos on them doing neapolitan?
Should I grab this bigger mixer? or go for a 20 qt (which the best deal I can find  is around the same price!)
or - Is it too big? If I want to do 30 balls thats lie 20 lbs total can the 20qt handle that?
Or - should I save my Pennies and go for the Spiral Mixer?
I have about 4 parties ready to do 40 + pie range and running back and fort is killing me  and using up enough time to cover this bad boy.
any help is appreciated
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: Mixer Question need avice
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:53:33 AM »
John,

i have a little experience with spiral mixers, usually because of speed the dough tends to get hot, so if you use a autolyse with cold water i think you could reduce the mixing time and keep the temps down...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Mixer Question need avice
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
Thanks Andre ! great thoughts ! I am bailing on this mixer. I asked Frank over at Vesta and he has no problem at all with me using his diving arm" Thats a special mixer and a special guy for letting me continue to use this great piece of equipent "any time I dont even have to be here " makes some of the best dough I have  experienced so I am grateful !
thanks Frank!!!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com